NATURE & SCOPE
Assistant Chemist/Microbiologist will perform, under supervision of the Laboratory Supervisor: chemical, microbiological, and physical testing of samples submitted to the laboratory. A successful candidate will be expected to maintain accurate and legible laboratory notebooks and perform testing in accordance with applicable SOP’s and with FDA, OSHA, EPA, and ISO standards and regulations.
The responsibilities of the Assistant Chemist/Microbiologist include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Local travel (between sites): Occasional (< 25%)
• Out of state travel: None
• Perform the receipt, compositing, and organization of samples submitted to SORA Labs. Perform sampling in a GMP environment.
• Perform and report the assigned testing of samples submitted to the laboratory.
• Perform testing in support of OOS investigations.
• Perform and report the routine maintenance and calibration of equipment and instrumentation.
• Record and peer-review analytical and calibration work performed as required for GMP and laboratory accountability.
• Organize and maintain the necessary chemical and reagent stocks. Maintain the laboratory facilities in a clean and organized manner.
• Properly handle and dispose of all hazardous waste generated during routine function.
• Perform duties in accordance with FDA, OSHA, EPA, and ISO standards and regulations.
• Minimum – Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, or another related field.
• This position requires 0 to 3 years of experience.
• Possess expertise and proficiency with analytical laboratory glassware, equipment, and instrumentation.
• Be able to read, analyse, and interpret methods and standard operating procedures.
• Be able to use aseptic technique when required.
• Be able to work independently in an organized and reliable manner.
• Be willing to work extended hours, weekends, and holidays when needed.
• This position requires extensive standing. The employee is regularly required to walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. May occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to follow written protocols
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Perform chemical, microbiological, and physical testing of samples submitted to the laboratory.