Provide support for the overall Athletic Department of Greenville University, St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SLIAC), Midwest Collegiate Volleyball League (MCVL), National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Div. III, and the National Christian Collegiate Athletic Association (NCCAA)
- Plan, organize, lead, and direct a Division III NCAA sport program. This includes but is not limited to the following: recruiting, scheduling, practice and game coaching, strategy, administration, compliance, budgeting etc.
- Assist with compliance issues and help monitor academic eligibility in coordination with our compliance director.
- Oversee initial form gathering for sports team.
- Maintain a working knowledge of NCAA rules and complete mandatory annual test.
- Provide assistance to the Athletic Director in developing budget, facility maintenance, marketing, and program planning.
- Monitor daily NCAA report and follow up immediately with students below 12 hours and students falling behind the 26-hour rule.
- Individual meetings with students.
- Oversee game management
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of all sport programs, rules and regulations including NCAA and SLIAC. Violation of NCAA rules could lead to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
- Knowledge of principles, practices, and techniques of coaching.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and written.
- Ability to deliver knowledge and instruct student-athletes in an effective manner.
- Knowledge of safety and first aid techniques.
- Skill in identifying problems, evaluating alternatives, and implementing effective solutions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with a diverse population.
- Knowledge of basic computer applications and electronic mail.
- Ability to instruct in those applicable areas of certification.
Required: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university
Preferred: Master’s Degree
Required: 1-3 years of coaching experience at the high school or collegiate level.
Preferred: 1-3 years of collegiate coaching and supervisory experience.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS: Valid driver’s license, CPR and First Aid certifications
- Physical Environment: Work is routinely performed both indoor and outdoor, in office environment and in gyms, on playing fields, and other recreational environments.
- Physical Demands: Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, running, jumping, kneeling, pushing and pulling, climbing, stooping, occasional lifting of objects up to 50 pounds, travel to and from athletic events.
- Sensory Attention: May require near vision for computer utilization and far vision for game statistics. Also, must have quick reflexes that will allow for instant game analysis.
- Mental Demands: Fast paced environment. May experience stress and anxiety working in high-pressure situations or working with student athletes who may themselves be exhibiting stress and anxiety.
- Works 12-month schedule, from June 1st to July 31st
- The position begins April 15th, 2018
The university is located 50 miles east of St. Louis in an attractive residential community of approximately 7,000 people. Greenville University was founded in 1892 and is affiliated with the Free Methodist Church, yet draws students from 40+ denominations. For additional information, please visit our website: www.greenville.edu.
It is the policy of Greenville University not to discriminate on the basis of age, color, ethnic or national origin, disability, race, gender or prior military service in its educational programs, admissions or employment policies. Greenville University is committed to an environment of cultural and ethnic diversity; women and minorities are encouraged to apply.