Warehouse Material Handler Moves material throughout the warehouse utilizing material handling equipment >50% of the time while performing essential job functions
Warehouse Material Handler Description:
- Utilizes material handling equipment to load and unload trucks, including stand up forklifts and overhead cranes
- Consolidate and organize freight in the warehouse by order in preparation for loading
- Effectively utilize required equipment to perform various warehouse job functions – Forklift, Dock Stocker, Reach truck, 2 level order picker, Scissor lift, RF scanner, Pick-to-voice system, WMS terminal, stretch wrapper pallet scale, utility knife, bander, etc.
- Accurately pick customer orders according to company established procedures/standards
- Accurately receive goods into inventory verifying against shipping documentation
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized work environment at all times
- Document any quality issues discovered throughout the workflow process
- Perform inventory counts as required
- Assist in identifying and implementing process improvement opportunities
- Promptly inform leadership of any warehouse, safety, and/or security concerns
- Complete other duties as assigned
Warehouse Material Handler Requirements:
- 6+ months of recent experience driving various electric material handling equipment with appropriate certification (i.e. forklift, reach truck, walkie rider)
- Earned a high school diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated prior experience in a distribution environment with a general understanding of warehouse operations/procedures
- Possesses strong communication skills with the capability to fluently read, write and speak the English language
- Computer literate with the willingness and capability to learn and utilize business software and equipment (i.e. WMS, ERP, Touch Screen computers, RF scanners, Pick-to-voice headsets, conveyors, horizontal stretch wrappers, printers, manual pallet jack, etc.)
- Willingness and capability to lift up to 80 lbs. occasionally
- Willingness and capability of performing basic math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division) accurately and efficiently
- Willingness and capability to work in an ambient temperature environment
- Ability to stand and walk for entire duration of shift
- Ability to work Overtime
Come help us paint the town ORANGE!!! Schluter Systems, LP is expanding its distribution network with a new site in Northlake, TX. If you want to build a stable, long-term relationship with a growing company and people who work together to do what is right for our customers, your coworkers, as well as the organization; then join the Schluter Team and be a part of this new and exciting warehousing opportunity in the DFW area.
We are a family-owned group of companies. Our knowledge professional expertise, and thorough understanding of the market allow us to provide innovative solutions and services based on the specific needs of the tile industry. The loyalty of our clients and the strength of our brand are supported through comprehensive, high-quality installation systems for tile and stone, education-based marketing, and our commitment to accessibility.
*All positions are contingent upon a pre-employment drug screen.