Under the Commercial Lines Sales Manager and VP of Benefits the Benefits Account Executive is responsible for pursuing and closing sales of new and existing group benefit accounts and retaining assigned book of employee benefits business.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet with prospective and existing clients to develop positive business relationships. Ensure collections of detailed risk and underwriting information through the discovery process.
- Maximize account growth by recommending and adding all appropriate lines of coverage to meet the client's business and risk management objectives.
- Complete and provide proposals and make sales appointments with prospects according to the Bender Insurance Solutions process.
- Work with Benefits Account Manager to complete company submissions and selection of potential markets.
- Conduct client and prospect appointments communicated proposals, explaining details and communicating desires to conduct business.
- Develop and execute annual Account Executive sales and marketing plan.
- With the assistance of the Brand Manager, implement email and direct mail campaigns to support company branding and prospect appointment strategy.
- Invite prospects and current clients to webinars, seminars, and other Bender Insurance Solutions' events.
- Conduct open enrollment meetings at client offices for groups and individuals as requested per client. Coordinate carrier and general agent support as needed.
- Maintain data entry into customer management systems daily with notes,activities, policy info, information classes, and data updates following company field definitions.
- Introduce service team to clients and request that service calls be directed to them and forward all service related calls to assigned service team.
- Stay informed of all claims or service issues and become involved in resolutions when required.
- Be a visible leader in an industry and actively participate in industry associations, organizations, boards and charities, as appropriate.
- Be a spokesperson for Bender Insurance Solutions and out positive position in the risk management industry.
- Participate in on-going staff and sales meetings as directed.
- Maintain knowledge of employee benefits carrier products and services.
- Collect detailed risk and underwriting information including survey data and loss history.
- Keep informed of industry developments through review of trade press and by attending insurance carrier training meetings on new products, etc.