Ribometrix is a fast-growing therapeutics discovery and development company tackling a diverse range of human diseases. Our main operations are located in the heart of Research Triangle Park in Durham, North Carolina. We are seeking a highly motivated candidate to join our Finance Team. In this role, you will be responsible for all monthly accounting, reconciliation and close functions, payroll administration and other projects.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Prepare journal entries.
- Process payroll.
- Process accounts payable.
- Code and analyze transactions against budget/forecast.
- Prepare reports as necessary.
- Assist with the annual audit and tax work papers.
- Streamline internal processes.
- Assist with government grant accounting and reporting.
- Other projects as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and a minimum of 4 years accounting and finance experience required. (CPA desirable)
- Mix of both private and public company experience highly desirable.
- Proficiency in Excel is required.
- Well developed financial and business acumen/analytical skills is required.
- Experience processing payroll (using Paylocity or similar platform) and benefits preferred.
- Experience in the life sciences industry is a plus.
- QuickBooks Online financial systems experience a strong plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proactive and effective verbal/written communication and demonstrated ability to work and partner effectively with others, can-do attitude with strong initiative and sense of urgency; exceptional organizational/problem solving skills and attention to detail, planning, organization, time management and prioritization skills are required.
- Strong work ethic with a commitment to high standards of excellence while working in a fast paced environment is required.
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential is required.
Ribometrix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Recruiting Agencies, Please Note:
Ribometrix will not accept unsolicited assistance from recruiting/search agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by recruiting or search agencies to any employee at Ribometrix via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search/recruitment agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ribometrix. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ribometrix as a result of the referral or through other means.