Contessa offers a unique opportunity for individuals interested in being part of an organization that is leading the country in redefining the way care is provided to patients. Contessa’s Home Recovery Care model brings all the essential elements of inpatient care to the comfort and convenience of a patient’s home. The model enables provider organizations and health plans to deliver high-quality, safe and affordable care to patients with non-life-threatening conditions.
At Contessa, you will have the opportunity to make a direct impact on the lives of patients and be at the forefront of shaping a pioneering space in the health care industry.
About the Role
The Director, Learning & Development designs and organizes all staff learning and development activities in compliance with applicable policies, procedures, and performance indicators. This position will mainly be responsible for Clinical training, onboarding and development but will also play a vital role in managing and organizing all Learning Management System (LMS) content and staff training materials and events. The Director, Learning & Development will be expected to continuously develop, monitor, and evaluate all programs related to orientation, professional development, education, and formal mentoring for quality improvement opportunities and other initiatives.
- Identify, implement and manage LMS, maximize its capabilities, and continuously refresh development content.
- Partner and build meaningful relationships across the organization to understand the needs, gain buy-in on plans, and execute on training and enablement strategy.
- Using adult learning principles, deliver a variety of blended learning offerings to our employees, including in-person, virtual, and self-paced training. Deliver in-person and virtual training to individuals and groups.
- Develop course curriculum based on Instructional Design principles: conduct needs analyses, create course content and pilot content and adjust as needed
- Partner with Subject Matter Experts to develop and maintain training content
- Keep training and guides current with new features and enhancements
- Communicate with stakeholders effectively, assessing needs, reporting on status, and sharing success metrics
- Establish and maintain formal and informal key performance indicators to track effectiveness of training program and initiatives.
- BSN required, Masters in Instructional Design or similar field preferred
- 8+ years of training and development experience
- 5+ years of instructional design and content creation required
- 5+ years working with a Learning Management System
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite of programs including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Microsoft Project
- Proficient in eLearning development tools
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to manage and balance multiple, highly visible projects simultaneously
- Must be willing to travel up to 50% of the time
- Position is located in Nashville, TN
Skills & Abilities
- Able to generate new ideas and drive continuous improvement
- Ability to measure learning outcomes and business results
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Superior resourcefulness and problem-solving skills
- Ability to build rapport with employees and leadership.
Our team members are our greatest asset. That’s why you’ll find that Contessa has built a culture around trust, open communication, and a unified desire to change the way healthcare is being delivered. It’s important to us that you like your job, are motivated by the work you do every day and feel supported by leadership. Contessa offers a generous compensation and benefits package, a strong belief in a healthy work-life balance, and great opportunities for career growth.