The Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation is seeking candidates for the role of IT Helpdesk/Desktop Support Technician responsible for troubleshooting and resolving issues related to end-user workstations, end user software, Windows 10, Server 2008-2016, networking and A/V equipment. This position will add new users to our systems and remove users in a timely manner to ensure data and network security. This position will involve on-site support at our Arizona campus, as well as remote troubleshooting and support for our Wisconsin campus which are both National Historic Landmark and UNESCO World Heritage Site properties. Excellent client/customer service skills with a diverse community as well as maintaining a professional image are a must. The selected candidate must be able to quickly and efficiently troubleshoot and resolve issues with minimal additional assistance. It is critical that the person in this role understand that the IT Technician is seen as a technical resource and will provide IT and A/V expertise to other Foundation staff members and invited guests in order to ensure customers are able to use their technology tools effectively and consistently.
• Acts as a key point of contact between Foundation computer users and the I.T. department
• Responds to helpdesk tickets submitted to the helpdesk portal and meets the SLAs for expeditious and thorough resolution
• Follows established checklists for set up and removal of new or existing system users in a timely manner
• Acts as the subject matter expert in Office 365 to ensure our employee can use the tool to meet their needs
• Sets up computer and VOIP phones, including installing standard configurations
• Installs or upgrades software
• Ensures laptops and desktops are updated with security patches
• Communicates network issues and down time using multiple formats, including the helpdesk, email and the Intranet
• Provides users with regular updates in the event of technical issues
• Troubleshoots Foundation printers, including acting as the first level of support.
• Applies problem-solving skills to know when to report issues to the I.T. Director or third-party support vendors.
• Provides excellent support skills whether in person, over the telephone or via a remote desktop system.
• Triages issues based upon importance and urgency
• Demonstrates flexibility in providing onsite and virtual/remote support as related to assignments and customer availability
• Sets up screens, projectors, and external speakers for end users onsite and virtual meeting software for remote communications; ensures users are alerted to such variables as correct cables or internet capability for effective equipment use.
• Utilizes high-level understanding of end user workflows in order to understand and communicate the impact of outages or changes.
• At least 2 years of hands on computer troubleshooting experience, including testing computers, reformatting hard drives, upgrading computers, and deploying computers to users.
• Experience with some form of ticketing system and standardized support processes, SLA’s and remote tools as gained through at least 1-2 years of helpdesk work.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Experience installing software
• Availability to work assigned shift that is predominately M-F daytime hours as well as occasional on-call timeframes and/or after hours to support business-critical functions outside of normal business hours; issues dictating non-assigned shift work may include resolving outages and/or performing scheduled maintenance of servers, software, and communications infrastructure.
• Demonstrated customer service skills including excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge and experience with Windows and MAC operating systems as well as email software (Outlook or Mac Mail), internet and intranet environments, Microsoft Office 365 applications and user maintenance, and multiple LAN environments.
• Must have knowledge of A/V equipment including projectors and speakers and their operation with laptops and other technology
• Experience testing wifi signals
• Demonstrated proactive approach to researching issues and following through until completion while solving issues that are reported to the helpdesk often in ambiguous or unclear manners
• Efficient and effective time and project management skills including the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet new deadlines or ongoing project milestones
• Knowledge of remote access solutions (VPN).
• Knowledge and experience with Active Directory management.
• Experience with VOIP platform management.
• Familiarity with server backup monitoring and maintenance.
• Experience updating servers
• Experience with VMWare
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
• Physical Demands: While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; climb ladders, balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and consistently talk or hear; and rarely taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather and desert environmental conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.