The Technical Project Manager (TPM) is responsible for managing projects and directs technical project teams through all phases and activities of the project life-cycle process associated with client implementation projects. This may or may not require handling multiple projects simultaneously, depending on the scope and complexities of the projects assigned. The TPM will also be responsible for directing/leading teams comprised of subject matter experts, technical specialists, and support staff.
- Identify project goals and priorities with client and third party stakeholders and project sponsors to produce an overall client implementation plan.
- Creates project planning documentation (including updates, status reports, etc.) and follows all Bridge Connector project methodologies.
- Coordinates team activities to meet project milestones.
- Prepares, implements, monitors, and updates the project plan. Coordinates with the business owner and upper level management to ensure the actions are consistent with the approved plan
- Manage and communicate a clear vision of the project's objectives, and motivate the cross functional project team to achieve them; create a project environment that enables peak performance by the internal and external teams.
- Contributes to and collaborates on the design, development, testing, and implementation of technical and functional specifications of a project technology system, which may include developing information systems testing strategies, plans or scenarios.
- Negotiates Statement of Work/Scope of Services for client products and services.
- Completes project retrospectives and documentation to enable the sales, solutions, and product teams on predictable, repeatable use cases and EHR engagement processes.
- Reviews and translates technical documentation and specifications for EHRs and other systems to translate requirements for data configurations and custom coding needs.
- Analyze risks, establish contingency plans and identify trigger events and initiating mitigating action.
- Manage relationships with project stakeholders, including internal and external clients and vendors, keeping stakeholders informed of progress and issues in order to manage expectations on all project requirements and deliverables and communicating risks and escalating issues, and risks for mitigation.
- Manage relationships with project stakeholders, communicating risks and escalating issues by facilitating regularly scheduled project meetings for the project team, workgroup, executive steering committee, risk planning and change control.
- Proactively identify changes in work scope and ensure appropriate planning measures are taken with internal and external clients to reassess and amend the scope of work requirement and timeline.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years project management experience in a technical and/or healthcare setting
- 2+ years direct experience in healthcare integrations
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools
- Demonstrated experience building relationships with external partners and stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience managing enterprise-level client projects
- The ability to thrive in a variable and demanding startup environment
Certifications, Licenses, and other Special Requirements
- Project management qualification (PMP) or equivalent preferred
- Works on projects/matters of higher complexity with various client profiles, including commercial and enterprise clients
- Work is independent
- Opportunity to lead Technical Project Manager I and II roles
- Reports to Implementations Manager or Program Manager
Knowledge and Skills
- Self-starter who thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment with the demonstrated ability to work well with others
- Superior organizational skills – demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at a time while maintaining clear attention to detail
- Exceptional customer relationship skills – proven ability to collaborate and communicate with both technical and non-technical personnel, including C-Suite level client contacts
- Ability to act as a primary liaison with engineering resources assigned to client projects, creating stories, tasks, and acceptance criteria. Validating solutions to be delivered prior to presentation to clients and vendors. Coordination of production releases, monitoring, and validation.
- Ability to coach and clarify assignments and deliverables; mentor others in project management practices; review quality of work and manage the integration of team members’ work.
- Vendor relations and procurement skills related to the project.