As a member of HPI’s team, you will be part of a firm that prioritizes collaboration. Relationships are the heart of our firm, those we have developed over 40 years with our repeat clients as well as those we have cemented internally with each other.
We listen, communicate, and create. Our process encourages our clients and the design team to work together to find tailored solutions that fit the needs of our clients. This interactive design process is the foundation of our philosophy and approach, resulting in design excellence by our clients’ definition.
Our Newport Beach headquarters is located 25 steps to the sand. Our team in San Diego will be growing into a new dynamic work space soon. Team members in both locations have always worked seamlessly together. Our technologies allow us to continue collaborating and communicating through the current pandemic and will allow us to shape our future as a growing, collaborative, innovative, fast paced team.
As a Designer in HPI’s Newport Beach location, you will be responsible for leading and collaborating in the design of significant senior living, student housing and multifamily projects.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
• Lead and work collectively to create and implement innovative design concepts. Design solutions that respond to our client’s mission, vision and values
• Work with the project team to ensure design intent is carried throughout all project phases
• Participate in and reinforce a collaborative, innovative, energetic environment
• Lead or assist design presentations for interviews and other project presentations
At HPI, we are committed to creating long-term career opportunities in a stimulating environment that encourages teamwork, leadership, and mentorship.
• 5+ years of full-time work at an architecture firm working primarily on senior, student or multifamily housing projects
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture
• Excellent design skills and graphic sensibility
• Creative problem-solving skills
• Thoughtful and clear design communication skills (verbal and graphic)
• Design scale versatility (i.e. - from planning, to minor capital work, to large capital projects, and interiors)
• A collaborative mindset
• Ability to be organized and complete multiple tasks
• Software fluency: Revit, SketchUp, Adobe CC, Bluebeam, Lumion or equivalent rendering skills is a plus
PLEASE UPLOAD PORTFOLIO WITH APPLICATION FOR CONSIDERATION.
Since our inception in 1975, HPI has been committed to cultivating a social and professional culture in which all employees are empowered to learn, interact, grow, and enjoy. We strive to provide a positive, challenging work environment that fosters both professional and personal growth for all employees.
We are committed to delivering the highest level of client service while encouraging our team members to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include health, dental, life and other insurance. We offer a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid time off, competitive pay commensurate with your experience, and bonus opportunities.