Ambassador of the Local Market Needs for the PM Organization
- Collect input and receive direction provided by the Canadian and US sales management team to ensure that the local sales & market needs are met.
- Responsible for collecting information from the sales management team about what products and applications are needed in the different markets across the United States and Canada.
- Champion for local applications with an understanding of the global view.
- Prepare Product Proposal documents to consolidate market needs and communicate the product vision to the project team.
Project Based Work (Product Engineering Process and Product Portfolio Management)
- Collect & consolidate the local sales forecast
- Review sales patterns of current product offering to determine product trends
- Responsible for proposal of products to be phased out from Schluter’s product portfolio.
- Responsible for the quality of the input provided to the global organization (Product Engineering Process database and Product Idea Database).
Validate and Communicate Product Information
- Communicate the understanding of global applications and benefits as well as transferring them to the local organization.
- Accountable for local US and Canadian Product Management topics, transcription, adaptation and communication of product information including technical content, messages to customers, with language translation as needed. Collaborate with a host of Schluter departments (technical, legal, marketing, customer service, customer relations, and sales) to develop necessary documents and literature regarding new products.
- Key stakeholder in Product Information Management process
- Review and provide feedback for all product marketing materials (literature, samples, videos, website, etc.)
Monitor and Analyze Industry Status
- Continuous review of industry innovations and new practices
- Recommend product ideas based on industry problems, competitor advantages and product line gaps
- Monitor industry codes and standards for changes that impact Schluter System products
- Analyze impacts and inform Product Management through detailed reports