SUMMARY:Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
• Coordinates with Inventory Manager for received goods information.
• Coordinates with Customer Service for shipping goods information.
• Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons.
• Verifies item counts from Production.
• Verifies paperwork released from Quality Control for category number and lot number.
• Stamps, stencils, or glues identifying information and shipping instructions onto crates or containers.
• Posts weights and shipping charges.
• Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
• Routes items to departments.
• Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
• Maintains a clean and safe work area.
• Supports monthly inventory.
QUALIFICATIONS:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 3 to 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.