Tris Pharma, Inc. (www.trispharma.com) is a rapidly growing, technology-driven pharmaceutical company engaged in branded and generic product development. Located in Monmouth Junction, New Jersey, Tris has an immediate opening for a Principal or Sr Scientist, Synthetic Organic Chemistry.
This challenging position is for an experienced synthetic organic chemist with experience performing chemical synthesis of small molecule based new chemical entities (NCEs) and polymeric NCEs.
• Performs chemical reactions at bench scale aimed at synthesis of small molecule based new chemical intermediates
• Performs chemical reactions at bench scale aimed at synthesis of polymeric new chemical intermediates
• Prepares chemical reactions set up
• Performs reaction monitoring, reaction work up, product isolation and purification
• Demonstrates reaction reproducibility
• Characterizes the isolated new chemical entity
• Interprets Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR), Mass, Infrared (IR) spectra and relates them to structures accurately; effectively elucidates the structure of new compounds
• Performs relevant literature search, develops understandings and applies the same in proposing and practicing different synthetic routes for given structure/s
• Prepares technical reports and presentations using chemical drawing related software
PhD in (Synthetic) Organic Chemistry AND minimum 3 years bench level experience in chemical synthesis in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology or academic environment OR Masters degree AND minimum 5 years of bench level experience in chemical synthesis in above environment.
• Excellent hands-on working knowledge and understanding of chemical reaction monitoring (and relevant techniques), reaction work up, product isolation techniques and purification techniques
• Experience in characterization and structural elucidation of new chemical compounds
• Excellent hands-on working understanding and experience in interpreting NMR, Mass Spectrometry (MS), IR and other characterization data
• Experience in handling small molecule synthesis reaction
• Experience in handling polymer based conjugation reactions
• Understanding on relevant safety protocols pertinent to chemical reactions
• Strong Quantitative structure–activity relationship models (QSAR) understandings and relevant software exposure
• Current working knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs), current Good Laboratory Practices (cGLPs) and/or Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requirements in the pharmaceutical industry PREFERRED
Tris Pharma, Inc. offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. To build and enhance our diverse workforce, we encourage applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women, etc. Tris Pharma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.