The Project Manager is responsible for managing multiple, simultaneous, client IT Projects of various size and scope across a diverse range of technologies. The Project Manager is responsible for management of the entire project lifecycle (Opportunity to Project Close) within the constraints of scope, time and budget and will serve as the primary facilitator of effective stakeholder communication for clients, internal teams/departments and vendors/partners. An integral part of this position is the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly visible environment, working with internal and client technical teams to successfully drive project execution. Candidates that have a solid understanding of the organizational structure and support model of an IT MSP will be most successful in this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates and manages activities of the project team, controlling the indirect management of resources and schedules to ensure timely completion.
- Works on multiple diverse technical projects of moderate size, scope, and complexity.
- Performs project management tasks including drafting project documents, establishing and facilitating meetings of cross-functional work groups and project steering committees, overall project coordination, including planning and sequencing work, setting milestones and deadlines, assigning responsibilities and providing status updates.
- Responsible for identifying project risks, mitigation strategies, authoring and implementing contingency plans.
- Identifies and works to resolve issues and obstacles, escalating where necessary for resolution to Lead Project engineer, CTO, and/or immediate supervisor.
- Responsible for adhering to and communicating project change management.
- Responsible for project budgeting including project cost tracking for assigned projects.
- Provides input into ConnectWise project management process, project templates and works within the project governance process.
- Responsible for ensuring the completion of projects through ConnectWise process.
- Improve project team performance by building team cohesiveness and motivating in order to facilitate cooperation, ensure project efficiency, and boost morale.
- Establish and provide weekly status, dashboards and project updates.
- Track, report and resolve project budget and schedule variances.
Competencies, Skills, and Qualifications
- Effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team-based environment
- Demonstrates willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Strong multi-tasking, attention to detail, and organizational skills
- Possesses a good understanding in the areas of our core solution offering in voice, data, wireless, network, cloud, and security, along with the team’s capabilities
- Demonstrated competence using Microsoft products, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- PMP Certification preferred.