This position is available as a 100% remote role. Candidates outside the Cleveland, OH area are encouraged to apply. Experience with Ruby, Java, and microservices are highly preferred.
At Asurint, we’re building a leading information-based technology company in Cleveland, Ohio. Asurint is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing innovation, flexibility and personal ownership to background screening – all while addressing the changing regulatory landscape. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the positive onboarding experience of their employees. We are succeeding because they succeed.
The Senior Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for leading the strategy, technical design, and implementation of the Company’s test automation suites. The Senior Quality Assurance engineer is also responsible for helping raise the technical skills of Quality Assurance engineers with less experience on their team.
- Evaluates, selects, and implements the best technologies for the problems at hand, even when it requires learning new technologies.
- Provides technical team leadership in system design, test architecture design, and code reviews/pull requests.
- Enhances the technical skills of other Quality Assurance engineers on own team and other teams where appropriate through coaching and mentoring.
- Designs and implements test harnesses, Integration Test Suite, and User Interface [UI] Test Suite.
- Implements performance testing program with DevOps and Sr. Software Engineers across organization.
- Advocates for true software craftsmanship at the team level.
- Enables collaboration via “just enough requirements” to facilitate delivery of running tested code.
- Participates in cross-team collaboration and knowledge sharing via guilds, cross-team design sessions, and code reviews.
- Stays informed on leading technology and software engineering trends.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience working on teams delivering software products in an Agile environment that practices continuous integration and continuous delivery is required.
- Experience with domain-driven design and implementing microservices is required.
- Experience with multiple programming languages such as Ruby, Java, C#, and Python is required.
- Experience with BDD, TDD, and pair programming is required.
- Experience with version control with systems like Git with pull request workflows is required.
- Experience with relational data stores such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, or MS SQL is required.
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Docker, and Kubernetes is required.
- Experience with leading Cloud providers such as GCP, AWS, Azure, or large-scale private cloud is preferred.
- Experience with non-functional test processes and technologies such as Dynatrace, LoadRunner, NeoLoad, and JMeter is required.
- Experience with full stack web development is preferred.
- Experience with big data technologies is preferred.
- Experience with NoSql Databases is preferred.
- Experience with the legal/court system is preferred.
- Experience with background screening is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Relevant business management systems such as general ledger, HRIS, CRM, etc. is pr ll stack web development is preferred.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Certifications or licensure: Drivers’ license and ability to maintain a driving record that is satisfactory to the Company’s liability insurance carrier is required.
- Years of relevant experience: 5 to 7 years is preferred.
- Years of experience supervising: None.
- The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of offices, which includes the need for general safe workplace practices with office equipment and computers, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- This position is performed in an office setting although off-site meetings in various settings occur.
- The schedule is generally normal business hours although there is a requirement to perform work, attend meetings and events before or after normal workings hours, and occasionally on weekends and evenings.
- Some travel by personal automobile and a valid drivers’ license is required. Occasional overnight travel is required.
- Lift light objects [less than 20 pounds] and carry them short distances [20 feet or less].
In exchange for your unique abilities, perspectives & teamwork, ASURINT offers an excellent benefit package which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental & Vision effective first day of employment
- Paid Time Off & eight company paid holidays
- Free gym in building
- Learning and Development programs
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Business Casual Attire
- Employee Referral Bonus
*Asurint is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.