This position is available as a 100% remote role. Candidates outside the Cleveland, OH area are encouraged to apply. Experience with Java/Kotlin, Kafka, and Camunda are highly preferred.
At Asurint, we’re building a leading information-based technology company in Cleveland, Ohio. Asurint is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing innovation, flexibility and personal ownership to background screening – all while addressing the changing regulatory landscape. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the positive onboarding experience of their employees. We are succeeding because they succeed.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for contributing to the technical design and implementing software projects in accordance with the Company’s architecture strategy and vision.
- Adds value as a key member of management; understands the business, financials, industry, clients, and strategy.
- Evaluates, selects, and implements the best technologies for technical problems, even when it requires learning new technologies. Provides technical leadership in system design, software architecture design, and code reviews and pull requests
- Designs and implements complex back-end algorithms.
- Ensures the team’s codebase is fully operationalized with build and deployment automation, hardened with test automation, and monitored for uptime, quality, and overall health.
- Optimizes the Company’s platforms with scale and performance testing and monitoring.
- Participates in cross-team collaboration and knowledge sharing via guilds, cross-team design sessions, code and reviews.
- Helps raise the technical skills of engineers with less experience on their team.
- Other duties as required
- Experience leading at the functional level is preferred.
- Experience working on teams delivering software products in an Agile environment that practices continuous integration and continuous delivery is required.
- Experience with domain driven design and implementing microservices is required.
- Experience with enterprise workflow engines such as Camunda is preferred.
- Experience with enterprise message bus platforms such as Kafka is required.
- Experience with multiple programming languages such as Java/Kotlin, C#, and Python is required.
- Experience with BDD, TDD, and pair programming is required.
- Experience with version control with systems like Git with pull request workflows is required.
- Experience with relational data stores such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, or MS SQL is required.
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Docker, and Kubernetes is required.
- Experience with leading Cloud providers such as GCP, and/or large-scale private cloud is preferred.
- Full stack web development experience is preferred.
- Experience with NoSql Databases is preferred.
- Experience with the legal/court system is preferred.
- Experience with background screening is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Relevant business management systems such as general ledger, HRIS, CRM, etc. is preferred.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Certifications or licensure: Drivers’ license and ability to maintain a driving record that is satisfactory to the Company’s liability insurance carrier is required.
- Years of relevant experience: 5 to 7 years is preferred.
- Years of experience supervising: 2 to 5 years is preferred.
- The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of offices, which includes the need for general safe workplace practices with office equipment and computers, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- This position is performed in an office setting although off-site meetings in various settings occur.
- The schedule is generally normal business hours although there is a requirement to perform work, attend meetings and events before or after normal workings hours, and occasionally on weekends and evenings.
- Some travel by personal automobile and a valid drivers’ license is required. Occasional overnight travel is required.
- Lift light objects [less than 20 pounds] and carry them short distances [20 feet or less].
In exchange for your unique abilities, perspectives & teamwork, ASURINT offers an excellent benefit package which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental & Vision effective first day of employment
- Paid Time Off & eight company paid holidays
- Free gym in building
- Learning and Development programs
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Business Casual Attire
- Employee Referral Bonus
*Asurint is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.