Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Executive and Personal Assistant provides executive, administrative, and personal support to the ED and Board of Directors, as well as the Leadership Team. The position serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the ED to satisfy SVdP mission.
• Prepare for quarterly Board meetings, ad hoc Board Committee meetings and weekly Leadership Team meetings (agenda, gathering documents, printing, creating packets, layout of room, refreshments)
• Handling correspondence before meeting (collecting and organizing material to be sent out)
• File documents pre and post meetings; create updates if needed throughout year
• Regularly update Board manual and supporting documents
• Manage calendar, schedule meetings and appointments and manage travel itineraries
• Plan and arrange organizational events to take place outside of the workplace, such as guest speaker events, fund-raising events and staff appreciation events
• Maintain an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents
• Create regular reports and maintain internal databases
• Uphold a strict level of confidentiality
• Develop and sustain a level of professionalism among staff and clientele
• Provide writing support for Executive Director (collaborate with Marketing and Development on periodic articles, newsletters, appeals)
• Coordinate executive communications, including taking calls, responding to emails and interfacing with donors and visitors
• Prepare internal and external organizational documents for team members and industry partners
• Assist Development with writing donor acknowledgement correspondence
• Assist Executive Director with personal needs and errands
Organization Mission and Policies:
• Supports and demonstrates excellent customer assistance by following the SVdP Customer Service Motto to “Serve our Valuable Customers with Distinction and Purpose” which defines “our valuable customers” as both internal and external; i.e. co-workers, neighbors, donators, vendors, organizational contacts and thrift store consumers.
• Five (5) or more years executive administrative experience
Skills and Abilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.