As Director of Managed Services, you will be responsible for building, leading, managing and developing the Client Services (helpdesk) and Proactive Maintenance (NOC) Team which includes 24x7 T1 – T4 support. The team will consist of Specialists/Subject Matter Experts at headquarters, satellite offices and remote workers. These teams are responsible for providing fully helpdesk remote support, field services, maintenance and post go-live support to our customers. You will work closely with our Sales team as well as peer Professional Services delivery director to build ongoing Services and Support. The ideal person for this role will have previous Operations Management experience, a natural talent for getting the best out of teams and a sound understanding of providing the MSP value, On-Premise Infrastructure technologies, Cloud based technologies (AWS, Azure, etc.) as well as gain an understanding of the applications we implement and support.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced support leader with an external, customer facing IT Managed Services background. The ideal candidate must have a proven track record of developing, building and transforming teams into a Managed Services Model. Must have experience defining, building and growing teams including Service pricing, defining operational procedures, setting service standards, defining and reporting SLA’s, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and deliver support and service solutions for customers in line with ITIL and/or industry best practices
- Strategize the appropriate coverage to meet business needs and Service Level Agreements (SLAs); as well as to achieve excellence in customer service
- Ensure that meaningful metrics related to established SLAs, availability, capacity, and performance are captured, validated, and reported.
- Ensure operational procedures and practices are well defined, documented and consistently applied
- Develop plans and strategies to improve performance, reliability, and operational cost-effectiveness.
- Be capable of identifying and implementing change within the team to ensure it can take on new service offerings.
- Instill a high-performance culture in the team with a focus on teamwork, service excellence and ownership for resolving customer issues
- Contribute proactively to new service development.
- Work closely with the Services team to ensure new customers are on-boarded with seamless handover / transition into "in-life? service
- Develop and ensure training programs are effective to enable the team to deliver high quality service and support
- Manage and develop strategic partnerships with third party vendors/partners and other internal stakeholders
- Develop and maintain processes to ensure quality, up-to-date documentation exists for all service arrangements
- Provide input into strategy with particular focus into opportunities to grow and/or enhance the service offered
- Provide leadership and direction to the service management function ensuring appropriate and robust service management and review frameworks are in place
- Achieve consistent customer satisfaction ratings and respond appropriately to customer feedback on areas for improvement
- Take responsibility for customer escalations and act as a point of escalation both in and out of hours as required
- Drive a continual service improvement program based on a desire to become a world class IT solution