For over two decades, Hourigan has established itself as the “go-to” firm when it comes to managing complex projects and delivering them to the highest standards. Our portfolio is filled with many success stories, but we’re most proud of the strong relationships we have built and continue to grow. Our relationship-centered approach starts with our employees. We are looking for people who embody our values of fairness, integrity, and trust. We want self-starters who take ownership in their work and value building and maintaining relationships every step along the way. We take pride in our desire to become better every day, providing our employees with opportunities to develop both personally and professionally.
We have an opening for an experienced individual who simply loves to build buildings to join our team as a Superintendent. This position will lead all the on-site activities required throughout the construction process to successfully deliver a project on time and within budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Has the independent responsibility to manage all field activities for small and medium sized projects of normal complexity.
- Ensures the proper performance of all subcontractors in both quality and timeliness of their work.
- Perform and coordinate all duties in conjunction with the duties of the Project Manager.
- Perform all project start-up and close-out activities.
- Thoroughly understand, organize, and maintain all project contract documents on a regular basis.
- Assist the Project Manager with preparation of the project construction schedule in conjunction with input from the required Subcontractors.
- Manage the schedule to timely and successful completion.
- Coordinate implementation of the final project budget with the Project Manager.
- Co-conduct a Subcontractor pre-construction meeting with the Project Manager to review all Hourigan and project-specific requirements.
- Co-conduct regular Subcontractor coordination meetings with the Project Manager.
- Prepare and distribute all necessary project administrative documents including, but not limited to: daily reports, 3-week look ahead schedule, incident reports, safety inspection reports, material delivery tickets, investigation reports, etc.
- Identify and resolve all on-site project-specific issues in conjunction with the Project Manager and escalate the necessary issues up to the appropriate person.
- Implement and enforce all required Hourigan on-site Quality Control procedures.
- Implement and enforce all required Hourigan on-site Safety procedures.
Qualifications and Experience:
- B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field position or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5-7 years of industry experience, preferably in general contracting.
- Fosters a strong desire to learn, welcomes a new challenge, and values the need to collaborate with all team members.
- Previous experience leading a job-site team preferred.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with CMiC and Bluebeam preferred.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of commercial construction means and methods, application of LEED certifications, and a thorough understanding of industry practices.
- Exhibits Hourigan’s commitment to excellence through meeting and exceeding both internal and external customer expectations and displaying only the utmost integrity.
- Some periodic travel may be required.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, and life insurances, short-term and long-term disability, 401k employer match, and paid time off.
The summary of essential duties and responsibilities listed above is not intended to cover all possible job duties and is subject to change at our discretion.
Hourigan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or family status, amnesty or protected military or veterans’ status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.