Position will aid and facilitate payroll processes at all Naturipe and subcontracted company locations; this includes administrative support to the human resource function as needed, including record-keeping, file maintenance, HRIS entry, payroll, health/welfare benefit plans, training and development, and employee relations. Position will also provide administrative and reporting support to Executive Support Manager.
• Primary Supervisor: Director, Human Resources
• Other: Dotted line reporting to Executive Support Manager
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Human Resources
o Assist and serve as back-up for multi-company semi-monthly/weekly payroll
o Assist in administration of health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes and terminations. Process required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
o Perform customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
o Complete Forms I-9, verify I-9 documentation and maintain I-9 files.
o Assist with background and drug testing.
o Reconcile benefits statements.
o Assist with processing of terminations.
o Assist with the preparation of the performance review process.
o Assist with recruitment and interview process.
o Schedule meetings and interviews as requested.
o Make photocopies; mails, scans and emails documents; and perform other clerical functions.
o File documents into appropriate employee files.
o Assist or prepare correspondence as requested.
o Prepare new employee files.
o Process mail.
o Complete data entry, data research and data extraction for Customs Reconciliation and Fair Trade among others. Prepare, upload, and submit online reports.
o Assist with the certificate of insurance requests and work with insurance broker(s) to make sure proper coverage is maintained.
o Order and expedite office supplies, monitoring costs at all times and verifiying that the credit bill is correct against packing list received and purchased.
o Conduct administrative procedures including incoming/outgoing mail, filing, copying, faxing, postage.
o Assist in maintaining corporate Federal Express account.
o Keeps reception area, conference rooms, and other common areas neat, organized and properly stocked.
Quantitative Data/Job Dimensions
• Number of companies for payroll/HR purposes: 7; 6 companies are paid semi-monthly; 1 company is weekly.
• Number of employees for payroll/HR purposes: 167
• Assists with annual audit preparation. Communicates with, compiles and organizes work for external auditor. Maintains tax schedules and records.
• Fair Trade Reporting: Prepare and submit various quarterly reports by established deadlines. Review rates per customer and pack size, review liquidation reports and keep backup information for audits. Submit quarterly with ongoing data preparation and compilation.
• Customs Import Values Reconciliation Report. This is an ongoing report for all ports of entry into the U.S. Review parameters needed for preparing reports: Entry numbers, ports of entry codes, carrier and container information, entered value, HTS, weight, etc. Download report from portal to get new values to complete broker’s report. Report is submitted once or twice a year but requires ongoing data preparation and compilation.
• Bachelor Degree in Human Resources or similar field with 2+ years of experience.
• Previous experience handling 50+ employee exempt & non-exempt payrolls preferred.
• Advanced computer knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook) required.
• Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus. SHRM or HRCI certification a plus. Imports/Customs knowledge a plus.
• Ability to problem solve independently, make competent decisions and accept responsibility, and maintain confidentiality.
• Sound prioritization and time management skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Must be able to work in a professional, confident manner.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate and interact with upper levels of management in professional and knowledgeable fashion.