Packaging Operator - 3rd Shift
Peak Foods - Troy, Ohio
The Packaging Operator is responsible for the safe operation of all packaging equipment to achieve an acceptable shippable case that meets company standard for each unit as well as a palletized structure. An Operator is also responsible to work in a coordinated effort with others to ensure packaging and coding requirements are met per customer label without intermixing. Accurate recording of activities on documents, and the understanding of HACCP, pasteurization, sanitation, allergens, and all facets of food safety are required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Duties and tasks as assigned by manager
• Food Safety Responsibilities
• Comply with all Company policies including but not limited to Quality, Safety, Food Safety, Environmental, GMP’s, HAACP and Attendance.
• Perform duties accurately and on a timely basis in accordance to the published production schedule as well as verbal communication.
• Understand and follow procedures of the department for use of the department’s equipment.
• Understand and follow Good Manufacturing Practices for the care, handling and storage of food products; and report any known or observed violations to management. Utilize Peak Foods “Food Safety and Quality Policy” in everyday work routine
• Communicate to Management and support departments as needed.
• Follow safety Procedures
Qualifications and Skills:
• Experience with packaging and associated equipment, or the ability to achieve through OJT. Participate and pass Fork Lift training.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as: Food Safety procedures safety procedures, and understand requirements as set forth through Quality Control guidelines.
• Must have the ability to interface with equipment, and inventory control systems.
• Must work with a high degree of accuracy
• Work with a team, and as a team member
• Complete all tasks as assigned with-in the Packaging department or other.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• Noise level 80 decibels- hearing protection required
• Lift up to 50 LBS
• Environmental temperatures range: 65-80 , for brief periods -5 / -10
• Stand on a consistent basis throughout an 8 to 10 hr. shift
• Go up and down steps frequently throughout shift.