Weaver's Way in Ambler is looking for a Wellness Buyer to join the team! The Wellness Buyer is responsible for maintaining product knowledge, bringing in items that match Weavers Way's product philosophy, and providing great customer service. This is a full time, hourly position beginning at $14.00 an hour.
- Greet customers in a friendly manner
- Treat customers fairly, consistently, and with respect
- Respond quickly and courteously to all requests and complaints from customers and work to ensure that all customers feel satisfied after any interactions
- Become familiar with co-op policies and products in order to answer customer questions; refer unresolved questions to the appropriate colleague
- Be able to discuss membership with prospective members
- Assist customers with special orders
- Supervise cooperators as needed
- Develop relationships with new and existing vendors and vendor representatives.
- Place product orders.
- Research new products and product lines.
- Negotiate pricing and terms with vendors.
- Arrange for samples and demos with vendors.
Product Knowledge & Responsibility
- Develop strong knowledge of products
- Stock and face product as necessary to maintain orderly, attractive displays
- Oversee back stock in the store room and other areas for proper rotation, storage, and timeliness of display
- Create displays for merchandise
- Maintain signs and ensure legibility and accuracy
- Advise the appropriate manager of product, equipment, and customer issues
- Observe all Weavers Way policies and procedures
- Attend departmental and all-staff meetings as scheduled
- Assist with quarterly inventories
- Answer phones, as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned by a manager or supervisor
Founded in 1973, Weavers Way is a community-owned natural grocer with stores in Mt. Airy, Chestnut Hill, and Ambler. In addition to our stores, we run a market farm in the Awbury Arboretum, a CSA farm partnership with Saul High School, our own community newspaper, and a non-profit which emphasizes food and nutrition education. We operate based on a triple bottom line philosophy that considers our community and environment in all of our decisions.