Provides sales coordination, phone and administrative support to the Boston sales office and other account managers as assigned. This position’s primary focus is to assist the Account Managers, coordinate orders with customers, facilitate orders with product managers, and prepare reports and other tasks as assigned.
• Supervisor: Director, Business Development
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Telephone reception and communications.
• Assists with sales orders, order entry, order follow-up and customer notification of changes and customer confirmations as needed, claims, collections and consignment closure.
• Coordination of COS and Phyto documents for Canadian shipments.
• Manage I-Trade, Foodlink and ADX transactions. Accuracy a must for loading and shipping orders and pricing.
• Daily and weekly inventory coordination and order management to and from growers and cooler network.
• Office administrative support for Boston office. This includes ordering and maintaining office supplies, managing office equipment maintenance, handling mail and shipping, maintaining a neat, professional work environment.
• Update and maintain Ad and Promo File.
• Assists President of Sales and others as directed in preparation of reports, documents, memos, collection of short pays and other activities as required.
• Other duties as assigned from time to time.
Quantitative Data/Job Dimensions
• Order entry 4,500 + orders per year
• Order manifests - 4,500 + per year orders
• Coordinates up to three account manager’s phone calls
• Associates (2 year) degree preferred.
• 3 years plus experience in office or produce environment.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Windows and Office; Regular use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Requires inter-personal skills and phone etiquette.
• Ability to work independently and thrive in a cooperative team environment.
• Ability to work in a professional, confident manner.
• Ability to accept responsibility and make competent decisions independently.
• Enjoys a fast-paced environment.
• Experience with SAP a plus.
• Bilingual (Spanish) a plus. Knowledge of produce industry a plus.