Founded in 2007, Initiate Government Solutions (IGS) a Woman Owned Small Business, specializes in healthcare information solutions with emphasis on technology spectrum. IGS partners with government and commercial clients to tackle the most challenging healthcare information technology issues including large scale implementations, business informatics, analytics, and electronic health record support.
IGS is currently recruiting for a Help Desk Manager to support our work with the National Cancer Institute (NCI).
Assignment of Work and Travel:
All work will be performed at the federal offices, located in Rockville, MD, 20850. Telecommuting is permissible with authorization from the Federal PM, but otherwise, contractors must be able to commute daily. Contractor will access NCI systems and therein use approved NCI provided communication systems. Contractors may be required to travel in support of this contract. When required, travel will be re-reimbursed at current GSA per diem rates.
Responsibilities and Duties (Included but not limited to):
- Provide maintenance and continuous operations support of information systems and technical support services
- Support the development, implementation and use of information systems that support the end users
- Work with the Software Developers to trouble shoot issues with NCI Applications
- Provide in-person and phone support to users in the areas of desktop support (Windows / Mac), authentication (PIV Card / AD accounts, desktop applications (MS Office, Outlook, End Note, etc.)
- Installation of hardware / software (software, printers)
- Serves as the central point of contact for trouble shooting desktop hardware issues, desktop software issues, remote / teleworking issues, network copier / printer issues
- Deployment of desktops and laptops
- End user support (installation software and troubleshooting)
- Audio visual support for project presentations
- Providing independent information system testing
- Deliver application and information systems trainings to individuals and/or groups
- Provide development of standard operating procedures
- Ensure monitoring and maintenance of servers
- Ensure patching and configuration management of servers
- Providing expertise and guidance regarding the conversion of media products (hard copy documents, VHS video) to digital/electronic format for dissemination
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar discipline with a minimum of 4 years of experience that includes knowledge of various PC and Mac operating systems, experience with networking, and with providing help desk support
- Must have positive customer service attitude
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain an NCI Public Trust
- Ability to commute daily to Rockville, MD
Preferred Qualifications and Core Competencies:
- Current NCI Public Trust
- Experience working on federal government contracts, preferably centered around research, grants, or health informatics
- Experience managing teams of 5 or more
Initiate Government Solutions offers competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental and vision care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Initiate Government Solutions participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.
Initiate Government Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. Our company policy is to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practice without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship, or disability.