Founded in 2007, Initiate Government Solutions (IGS) a Woman Owned Small Business, specializes in healthcare information solutions with emphasis on technology spectrum. IGS partners with government and commercial clients to tackle the most challenging healthcare information technology issues including large scale implementations, business informatics, analytics, and electronic health record support.
IGS is currently recruiting for a Project Manager to support our work with the National Cancer Institute (NCI).
Assignment of Work and Travel:
All work will be performed at the federal offices, located in Rockville, MD, 20850. Telecommuting is permissible with authorization from the Federal PM, but otherwise, contractors must be able to commute daily. Contractor will access NCI systems and therein use approved NCI provided communication systems. Contractors may be required to travel in support of this contract. When required, travel will be re-reimbursed at current GSA per diem rates.
Responsibilities and Duties (Included but not limited to):
- Be liaison with COR and central point of contact with the Government. Has full authority to act on behalf of IGS and not serve in any other capacity under this contract
- Available to meet or confer with COR as needed
- Designate Project Team Leads
- Identify the automated tools / software and the application and expertise of processes and metrics that support TO management
- Track the requirements, cost, schedule, and quality of deliverables and the project
- Provide management oversight and guidance to project team members; develop priorities, technical approaches, and specifications to meet SOW requirements
- Develop a custom EVM analysis process; PM will review EVM process with customer; PM will continue to refine EVM analysis process by enhancing Change Request tracking system to better capture the number of CR’s for each project that are actively being monitored
- Create and update various reports on the communications, project management, Earned Value Management (cost/schedule), quality assurance, configuration management, security management, and accessibility applied to the task orders (as appropriate to the specific nature of the SOW)
- Ensure that quality assurance, including the continuous development, improvement and implementation of processes and procedures are in concert with industry best practices (Capability Maturity Model (CMM) Level 2, Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), etc.)
- Provide a quality control/assurance plan and manage, develop, and deploy projects based on those quality standards and metrics enumerated in the plan—and acceptable to the government
- Assist in management of operational functions of IT across all stakeholders
- Coordinate technical efforts across teams and users by aligning resources to schedule, and facilitate access, configuration, and allocation of resources as required
- Coordinate technical efforts with the Government; with the legacy environment program management support teams; IT resources to ensure resource allocation and engagement coverage against approved requirements
- Assist Government stakeholders with technical IT matters
- For each request, develop/define a tracking system that will produce reports for the Government
- Responsible for resolving management and technical problems; providing specific communications processes / procedures to resolve issues / problems; tracking change management and issue resolution
- Demonstrate ability to replace staff with same capabilities as key personnel in a timely manner and to manage surge staffing requirements
- Oversee extensive documentation that must be kept up to date in areas of personnel, information systems, security and privacy compliance, and Section 508 compliance
- Responsible for charting the future IT direction by means of various strategic planning documents and for managing IT resources. This function requires on-going assessment, strategic planning, resource management, enterprise architecture, project management, maintenance of informatics projects, security planning, and knowledge of state-of-the-art IT
- Assists the Government in the development, review, enhancement, and update of IT planning and governance documents as required to ensure operational alignment to Government Enterprise Architecture guidelines and directives
- Responsible for formulating and enforcing work standards, assigning schedules, reviewing work discrepancies, communicating policies, purposes, and goals of the government to subordinates
- A minimum of 10 years of experience managing similar projects
- PMP certification
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar discipline with a minimum 10 years of experience managing similar projects
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certified by the Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Impeccable attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and ability to multi-task under pressure
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain an NCI Public Trust
- Ability to commute daily to Rockville, MD
Preferred Qualifications and Core Competencies:
- Current NCI Public Trust
- Experience working on federal government contracts, preferably centered, preferably centered around research, grants, or health informatics
Initiate Government Solutions offers competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental and vision care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Initiate Government Solutions participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.
Initiate Government Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. Our company policy is to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practice without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship or disability.