Founded in 2007, Initiate Government Solutions (IGS) a Woman Owned Small Business, specializes in healthcare information solutions with emphasis on technology spectrum. IGS partners with government and commercial clients to tackle the most challenging healthcare information technology issues including large scale implementations, business informatics, analytics, and electronic health record support.
IGS is currently recruiting for a Senior Programmer/Analyst to support our work with the National Cancer Institute (NCI).
Assignment of Work and Travel:
This is a remote access assignment. Candidate will work remotely on a daily basis and will remotely access NCI systems and therein use approved NCI provided communications systems. Travel is not required, however, the candidate may be required to attend onsite client meetings as requested.
Responsibilities and Duties (Included but not limited to):
- Develop source code and object code, modify, and/or enhance
- Ensure that all software development meets directives, guidelines, frameworks, plans, SOPs and best practices
- Follow repeatable and Continuous Improvement best practices (CMM, ITIL)
- Requirements Analysis Check Lists for new projects
- Develop applications that are compliant (e.g., FISMA, Privacy Act, Section 508, etc.), and according to the best practices
- Perform application testing (requirements testing, functional tests, usability tests, load and performance tests, code and hardware security testing, and accessibility testing).
- Producing and maintaining information system documentation such as: Requirements Documents, Roles/Responsibilities; Use-Case Specifications; Diagrams of Workflows; o Wireframes/Mockups; Testing Plan (usability testing, load testing, vulnerability testing, accessibility testing); Accessibility Scans; Deployment Plans
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar discipline with a minimum of five (5) years of software development experience (2-tier client/server applications and 3-tier web applications)
- Minimum of five (5) years of database experience (Oracle, PostgreSQL, and MS SQL databases or higher with server-side development)
- Minimum of five (5) years of database experience (Oracle 11/12g and MS SQL databases or higher with server-side development
- Demonstrated experience with SQL, PL/SQL language and Power Scripts in building applications, packages, triggers, stored procedures and functions
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience designing and developing applications using current frameworks
- Working knowledge of data warehousing, data mining and report writing tools
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience using TOAD or a comparable database administration and SQL development software application tool
- Familiar with software development, testing, and documentation that meets Enterprise Performance Life Cycle (EPLC) framework and System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain an NCI Public Trust
Preferred Qualifications and Core Competencies:
- Current NCI Public Trust
- Experience working on federal government contracts, preferably centered, preferably centered around research, grants or health informatics
Initiate Government Solutions offers competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental and vision care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Initiate Government Solutions participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.
Initiate Government Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. Our company policy is to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practice without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship, or disability.