Founded in 2007, Initiate Government Solutions (IGS) a Woman Owned Small Business, specializes in healthcare information solutions with emphasis on technology spectrum. IGS partners with government and commercial clients to tackle the most challenging healthcare information technology issues including large scale implementations, business informatics, analytics, and electronic health record support.
IGS is currently recruiting for a Senior Systems Architect to support our work with the National Cancer Institute (NCI).
Assignment of Work and Travel:
This is a remote access assignment. Candidate will work remotely on a daily basis and will remotely access NCI systems and therein use approved NCI provided communications systems. Travel is not required, however, the candidate may be required to attend onsite client meetings as requested.
Responsibilities and Duties (Included but not limited to):
- Assess the current state of the Enterprise Architecture Plan and provide recommendations
- Develop Common Services or Services Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Devise / revise the application architecture for current / future needs
- Maintain Enterprise Architecture documentation including Software Architecture including Configuration Management Plans; Developers Guide; Software; Requirements Specifications; Hardware Inventory
- Perform quality reviews of tasks and assist in capability planning
- Coordinate / Support different project teams
- Assessment and recommendations regarding changes and performance improvements
- Responsible for configuration of resources for new projects
- Conduct maintenance and updates of architecture software and development infrastructure
- Research and recommend on new development approaches or frameworks
- Ensure best practices / frameworks / processes are followed (CMM Level 2 or higher, ITIL 3)
- Implement and adhere to OMB/HHS/NIH/NCI standards/policies/guidelines: OMB, HHS Policy for EA, NIH EA, NCI CBIIT EA
- Support monthly environmental baseline review and updates
- Develop and manage Requirements Workbooks (RWs), Technical Requirements Workbooks (TRWs), and Engineering Design Documents (EDDs) for Environment Builds
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar discipline with a minimum of five (5) years of software development experience (2-tier client/server applications and 3-tier web applications)
- Minimum of five (5) years of database experience (Oracle, PostgreSQL, and MS SQL databases or higher with server-side development)
- Demonstrate experience with SQL, PL / SQL language and Power Scripts in building applications, packages, triggers, stored procedures and functions
- Must have experience designing and developing applications using Java, .NET /New Frameworks
- Demonstrate experience and working knowledge of data warehousing, data mining and report writing tools
- Demonstrate experience with gathering, analysis and interpretation of data related to business intelligence and performance, implementation and support of applications, infrastructure, and technologies for gathering, analysis of business relevant data implementation
- Impeccable attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and ability to multi-task under pressure
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain an NCI Public Trust
Preferred Qualifications and Core Competencies:
- Current NCI Public Trust
- Experience working on federal government contracts, preferably centered around research, grants, or health informatics
Initiate Government Solutions offers competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental and vision care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Initiate Government Solutions participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.
Initiate Government Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. Our company policy is to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practice without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship or disability.