The maintenance position actively participates in carrying out the mission of CCHC by providing maintenance support to the building that provides housing and services to formerly homeless families. This person will provide maintenance services as a member of a team and implement the program goals based on "Housing First" and "Harm Reduction" philosophies. This position will assist the Site Director with general operation of the 40-unit building including all aspects of property maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Understand, "Housing First" and "Harm Reduction" philosophies and apply to specific duties.
2. Must be able to work independently and as a member of a team to effectively perform duties.
3. Responsible for the direct provision of general maintenance, upkeep of the building, and oversite of janitorial staff and contracted vendors.
4. Ability to complete general maintenance and cleaning tasks.
5. General working knowledge of heating and cooling, plumbing, mechanical, electrical, structural, and building safety. Ensure systems are maintained in superior operating condition.
6. Complete unit turns in a timely manner.
7. Remove snow and ice from sidewalks and entryways. Mow grass and keep outside of building clean and free of trash.
8. Familiarity with tools and equipment necessary for custodial and maintenance services.
9. Prioritize and manage maintenance projects.
10. Supervise maintenance staff and building maintenance contracts.
11. Assist Site Director with bid requests, review bid proposals, and make recommendations and supervise outside vendors and service contracts.
12. Assist Site Director in all inspections of building and building systems.
13. Maintain adequate inventory of maintenance and cleaning supplies.
14. Work with Site Director in creating, maintaining and implementing an effective extermination plan.
15. Must follow the required Storm Water Facility Plan for property pond.
16. Develop and implement an ongoing cleaning schedule that includes floors, windows and storage areas.
17. Create, oversee and modify building maintenance procedures and plans.
18. Responsible for assisting the Site Director in identifying and planning for long-term repairs and replacements.
19. Abide by current safety regulations as defined by OSHA, Fire and Health Departments and other regulatory agencies.
20. On call as needed.
This position requires a person who is self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as a member of a team to carry out job duties. The person in this role must have the skills to supervise others. This position requires previous building maintenance experience and flexibility in schedule. A valid driver's license and dependable transportation is required. This person must pass and maintain Minnesota Background Study clearance.
• Ability to read, analyze, and complete documentation and communicate through speaking, listening, and writing effectively with residents and outside agencies
• The person in this position must possess reading, writing and basic computer skills that will allow him/her to log information and maintain information systems
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Skill in establishing and maintaining positive relationships with diverse residents and staff
• Regular attendance, reliability, and punctuality
• Available to respond to occasional property or tenant emergencies
• Sensitivity and effectiveness when dealing with people from diverse backgrounds and with special needs
• Must have working knowledge of storm water facility pond maintenance
Must be able to safely navigate stairs and ladders, bend, squat, kneel, reach overhead and occasionally lift up to 75 pounds.
Center City Housing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, sexual orientation/identity/expression, marital status or familial status.