Reports to: Regional Director
Department: Community Management
Summary: Facilitate, advise, educate and assist Board of Directors, their Committees, and Owners, in the daily management and operations of the Association’s business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, schedule, organize and facilitate Membership and Board meetings of the Association within the parameters of the governing documents, and in keeping with Company standards.
- Work with Director of Community Association Services to create, implement and participate in Board Member training processes and programs.
- Responsible for the preparation of a Management Report and Board Packet to be distributed to the Board of Directors seven (7) days prior to Board meetings including: blurb of the month for Boards (BOMB); pending & completed action items; items requiring Board decisions, a financial report summary; a list of contracts with expiration dates; a list of Board Members with term limits; a calendar specific to the Association’ activities, maintenance needs, and contract expirations; management suggestions for the betterment of the community; as well as goals and objectives for the community as set by the Board.
- Responsible for the timely development and delivery Board packets to both the Director of Community Association Services for review & quality assurance no later than 10:00am on the submittal due date for Board distribution and to the Association Board following internal quality assurance review.
- Draft minutes from Membership and Board meetings within seven (7) days following the meeting. Distribute to Director of Community Association Services for quality assurance within the same seven (7) days following the meeting.
- Annually prepare and present a Key Result Area (KRA) report for each Association within 90 days of the Hammersmith Management Agreement renewal date.
- Manage the Hammersmith Management Agreement renewal process for each client by reviewing the current rate; evaluating and recommending appropriate rate increases; generate and submit the contract renewal form to the Director of Community Engagement; review, present and close the renewal with the client; and ensure returned signed contracts are submitted to the appropriate person within the prescribed timelines.
- Regularly perform site visits according to assigned Client Association’s Management Agreement to check property conditions, make maintenance recommendations, and note violations in accordance with the Association’s governing documents.
- Prepare annual budgets no less than 90 days prior to fiscal year end (unless otherwise specified by the Client Association’s Management Agreement), including absorption schedules where applicable with delivery to the Board of Directors for review and in compliance with contract stipulations.
- Review and understand financial statements in order to report and advise the Board of Directors as it relates to Association’s financial status, investment strategies including timelines, and operating budget variances, and facilitate addressing financial questions from the Board of Directors in partnership with the Accounting Manager.
- On-Time Delivery of Board Packets and Meeting Minutes
- Accurate, Timely and Completed Discussion and Action Items
- Accurate and Timely Owner Notices and Mailings
- Understanding of Community Financials
- Accurate and Timely Invoices and Coding
- Accurate and Up to Date Legal Review
- Accurate and Timely Annual Budget Preparation and Presentation
- Inspections and Violations are completed, reviewed, escalated and closed
- Accurate and On-Going Updates to RUN and Clinks
- Responsiveness to Support Departments and Team Members
- Clear and Timely Communication with Board Members and Homeowners.
- Logging of all calls and correspondence in RUN.
- Deadlines are Met and Request for Information are Delivered
- Client Retention
- Ensuring services and contracts don’t lapse
- Monthly payroll submittal on or before the 6th
- of the month.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Qualifications:
- Must possess personal values that are in alignment with those of the company: Excellence, Partnership, Professionalism, Integrity, and Life Balance.
- Must be experienced in policy development and interpretations budgeting,
- financial management, risk management, human resources, facilities
- management, maintenance, operations, planning and public relations.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions, lead people and manage resources.
- Focused on communication and interaction with various personalities and
- on problem solving.
- Basic understanding of community associations and not-for-profit
- organizations or have comparable business experience.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college preferred
- Must hold a Community Association Management License
- Minimum two (2) year related experience within the property management industry
- CAI, CMCA and/or equivalent work related experience
Full time Hammersmith® employees are offered a full range of benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, HSA and FSA participation, comprehensive 401(k) plan, sick and vacation time, volunteer day of service, and much more!
Hammersmith® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.