Greenville University is seeking a dynamic and thoughtful leader to join us as Director of Teacher Education in the School of Education. The Director of Teacher Education is responsible, in partnering with the Chief Academic Officer and Associate Chief Academic Officer, for all functions and matters relating to academic programs in the School of Education. This position also includes teaching half of the load, preferably in Special Education. The Director will have oversight of the School of Education, including the faculty, staff, curriculum and students.
- We are seeking a potential colleague who will:
- Work with faculty and other administrators to develop and promote a vision for Teacher Education that will help ensure the school’s continued growth and development.
- Instructing courses for the School of Education, preferably in Special Education
- Ensure that all certification programs meet state requirements for accreditation.
- Ensure that each teacher education program is academically challenging, engaging, and effective in producing desired educational outcomes.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of faculty.
- Promote faculty development to ensure outstanding pedagogy, intentional integration of faith and learning, and quality scholarship and service.
- Identify and serve as an advocate for budget needs in the teacher education programs. Represent those needs to the provost. When asked by the president, serve on the budget committee.
- Respond to student concerns and petitions.
- Chair meetings of school faculty.
- Help develop faculty and staff.
- The ability to publicly express the strengths and value of a teacher education in the context of a Christian liberal arts institution to students, parents, faculty, and administrators.
- Administrative skill, ideally including experience with academic budgeting.
- Demonstrated collegiality and the ability to work well with people who hold perspectives different than one’s own.
- Doctoral degree in teacher education and preferably certification to teach at the K-12 level.
- Ability to work collaboratively across departments and bring teams together
- Effective communicator and strong interpersonal skills that are sensitive to and understanding of academic, socio-economic, cultural, disabilities and ethnic backgrounds of a diverse student body.
- Knowledge of CAEP accreditation and experience in program review
- Experience working with faculty/teams in a collaborative manner
- Supervisory experience
- Innovative technology skills and proficient with Microsoft Office programs.
Chief Academic Officer and Associate Academic Officer
Greenville University has a dynamic commitment to experiential learning, faith integration and practical skill development tailored around job placement. The university has approximately 700 residential students and is located 50 miles east of St. Louis in an attractive residential community of approximately 7,000 people.
Greenville University empowers students for lives of character and service through a transforming Christ-centered education in the liberal arts, sciences, and professional studies.
Greenville University believes that God created each of our students to uniquely shape the world!
- Offer a transformational Christ-centered educational experience that empowers, enriches, and endures;
- Focus on the development of the whole person so that each student thrives spiritually, intellectually, emotionally, relationally, and physically;
- Inspire our students to embrace God’s Call; and,
- Give our work as worship and welcome the presence of the risen Christ to fill us, equip us, and send us.
How to Apply:
Application materials should include a 1) letter of application, 2) curriculum vitae, 3) statement of philosophy of Christian higher education, 4) statement of personal faith journey and commitment, 5) names of three references, and 6) copies of academic transcripts (unofficial copies acceptable for initial application). Electronic copies of all these documents are welcome.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions have been filled. Address applications to:
Attn: HR Office
315 East College Avenue
Greenville, Illinois 62246s
Office Phone: (618) 664-6845
It is the policy of Greenville University not to discriminate on the basis of age, color, ethnic or national origin, disability, race or gender in its educational programs, admissions or employment policies. Greenville University is committed to an environment of cultural and ethnic diversity; women and minorities are encouraged to apply.