Do you have what it takes to keep up with one of the fastest-growing companies in America? If you work hard, play hard and your tail’s always wagging, there may be a place for you at the most innovative name in pet insurance – Petplan! Our headquarters are buzzing with talented professionals – and their pets! – who are helping Petplan turn the pet insurance industry on its tail. We’re looking for candidates who can balance the wisdom that comes from solid work experience with the passion to push the limits and always take a fresh approach.
We love people who come to work to create, collaborate and contribute – and have fun doing it! In spite of our explosive growth, we’ve maintained our entrepreneurial spirit, which means we work as a team, celebrate each other’s achievements and give it all we’ve got, every day.
The Licensed Insurance Agent will be an individual contributor who’s focused on being an on-site resource at one of Petplan’s key animal shelter partners. This individual will help shape and grow this channel of business. The ideal candidate will be passionate, competitive, positive, and sales driven to succeed through customer acquisition.
• Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel at the shelter in order to assist meeting performance objectives and partner expectations monthly
• Proactively assess partner needs on an ongoing basis through onsite focus and follow-up meetings
• Clearly communicate competitive advantages of Petplan; demonstrate a deep understanding of Petplan and competitor pet health insurance products to adopters
• Attend company meetings as required
• Manage expense budget and submit completed reports monthly
• Accurately record prospect and customer information in Salesforce
• Manage all administrative tasks and responsibilities relative to the partnership
• Live up to Petplan’s commitment to continuously exceed customer expectations
• Identify opportunities for new business and elevate to management team in timely fashion
• Active Property & Casualty (P&C) license required in the state of DE
• 3-5 years of experience in an Insurance Sales-based role
• Experience working in animal health or animal welfare a plus, but not required
• Demonstrated customer service skills, strong customer focus and the ability to understand Petplan’s customers’ needs
• Must be willing to travel to various industry events as required
• Ability to work weekends during peak adoption hours a must (Friday-Sunday)
• Ability to apply initiative and judgment to define and perform tasks, sometimes complex, and sees the bigger picture
• Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
• Excellent team player; proven ability to apply innovative ideas and critical thinking
• Able to anticipate needs, innovate and flourish in high volume, high profile and fast paced shelter environments
• Must be passionate about people and ultimately about pets
The position is full time and employees receive a competitive base salary plus variable compensation based on sales performance. Other perks for the Petplan team include health, dental, matching 401k, paid vacation, and discounted pet insurance.
At Petplan, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Petplan is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.