Work for an Award Winning Company Culture!
Are you an independent, self-starting, team player with a positive attitude? Are you passionate about giving back to your community? Do you want to work for a company that we like to think as the “happiest place in mortgage” and has been voted a “Best Place to Work” for the last 15 years? Join our family at Homeowners Financial Group and you can take advantage of our great benefits.
- 9 paid holidays
- Generous paid time off policy
- Cigna Healthcare Benefits including vision, medical, life and dental
- Employee tenure program
- President's Club for both Sales and Operations staff
Who We Are: Homeowners Financial Group has over 350 employees in 35 offices across the country and has helped tens of thousands of homeowners realize home ownership. We are not your typical mortgage company: we foster a “family” environment, we give back to the community through dozens of charities and we love what we do!
Who We Want: We want a Loan Officer Assistant who reports to the Branch Manager and is responsible for providing support to one or more Homeowners Financial Group’s (HFG) Licensed Mortgage Professionals (LMP). The Loan Officer Assistant will leverage the LMP’s time through customer contact, facilitating the timely electronic submission of mortgage loan application data into the mortgage origination software, collecting documentation from applicants, and various other administrative tasks. The Loan Officer Assistant will directly communicate with borrowers, realtors, builders, and other referring partners.
- Oversees multiple aspects of origination, file management, communication, and the overall customer experience for their assigned LMP
- Obtains and ensures all pieces of the loan documentation are complete and reviews for accuracy
- Verifies all upfront required compliance disclosures (state, federal, and company-specific) are completed and signed by all parties
- Acts as a liaison with HFG staff and departments to ensure borrower documentation necessary to qualify is collected and submitted to Processing
- Reviews loan documentation inputted by LMP for data integrity
- Tracks loans to ensure files move through processing, underwriting, closing, and funding in a timely manner to meet LMP’s deadlines
- Completes data inquiry and entry into Encompass
- Promptly responds and answers customer inquiries
- Provides continued counsel and customer service to borrowers throughout the entire loan process
- Communicates general information to prospective applicants under the supervision of the LMP
- Meets with borrowers when requested to collect and analyze their information regarding income, assets, investments, and/or debt in order to advise borrowers
- Accurately obtains and reviews applicant’s credit history by examining individual credit and loan applications for adherence to guidelines, policies, and procedures determined by investor
- Assists in evaluating possible loan scenarios and determines which financial products and investment options meets the borrower’s unique needs and financial situation
- Manages active pipeline with Processors and LMP(s) by reviewing key dates, monitoring expirations, and following up with appraisal and title offers using various database management systems
- Assists LMP(s) in developing and maintaining relationships with borrowers, realtors, builders, financial planners, and other referral sources
- Keeps LMP(s)’ updated with loan status and identify issues that need attention
- Provides event and marketing support by preparing and distributing sales/marketing material to referral sources and clients
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and investor regulations and requirements
- Understands and adheres to Federal Regulations
- Makes copies and orders titles, appraisals, and verifications
- Performs general clerical and administrative duties in support of the branch and LMP(s)
- At request of their assigned LMP, will explain available loan program and rate options to customers
- Works with the secondary marketing department to register and look in a rate/program when the customer has confirmed their desire to lock in at rate
- Participates in HFG internal meetings and required trainings
- Maintains a professional image and demonstrates an understanding of and follows all
- HFG Policies and Procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in lending field in the financial industry preferred.
- Active Loan Mortgage Originator License through NMLS required in all states in which loans are originated.
- Mortgage processing, origination, Title, Escrow, and/or underwriting experience preferred
- Previous sales and administrative support preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Provides strong customer service to internal and external customers
- Ability to develop positive relationships
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Independent, self-starting, team player with a positive attitude
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial data
- Proficient PC skills to include Excel, Word, and Microsoft Outlook
- Experience with Encompass/ Optimal Blue/ DU/ LP/ and major origination systems preferred
- Working knowledge of mortgage origination process, FNMA, FHA, VA, RD, and SAFE ACT guidelines
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This job may require handling objects up to 10 pounds frequently and 20 pounds occasionally. While performing the duties described herein, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel in addition to talking and hearing. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Office environment is normally climate-controlled.
Homeowners Financial Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.