Global Partnerships (GP) is a nonprofit impact-first investor dedicated to expanding opportunity for people living in poverty. Impact-first investing means investing in a way that seeks the greatest possible social impact, while seeking to preserve capital with a modest financial return for investors. GP believes that impact-first investing has an essential role to play in advancing sustainable solutions to poverty for millions of people worldwide.
GP creates and manages impact-first investment funds that make loans and early stage investments in social enterprises serving people living in poverty in less developed countries, primarily in Latin America and Africa. The GP team is comprised of mission-driven, dedicated, high-performing colleagues working primarily from offices in Seattle, WA, Bogotá, Colombia, and Nairobi, Kenya. To learn more about Global Partnerships, please visit our website at www.globalpartnerships.org.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Assistant Compliance Officer will be part of GP’s Finance and Operations Team. They will assist monitoring and ensuring the organization is in compliance with the requirements of various legal, tax, regulatory, and other government agencies in both the U.S. and regions where Global Partnerships operates. This role intersects with many different aspects of the organization, with the objective of improving compliance and reporting throughout the organization. They will report to the VP of Finance & Administration. The Assistant Compliance Officer will play an instrumental role in helping GP further our mission to expand opportunity for people living in poverty. This is a part time position, 3 days a week. Standard company benefits will apply.
- In collaboration with the VP of Finance and Chief Compliance Officer, track, review, and submit all compliance, tax, regulatory and other legal reporting requirements accurately and in a timely manner
- Responsible for tracking and maintaining compliance records, as well as formulating and maintaining an effective records management system and archiving process
- Manage various compliance projects by working across teams, following up on deadlines, and enhancing reporting processes
- Communicate and maintain relationships with applicable staff, legal and accounting service providers outside of the US, government entities, and other external reporting stakeholders
- Research and work with internal and external experts to understand an ever changing legal, tax, and compliance landscape
- Update existing and create new documentation around various company policies and manuals
- Collaborate across teams to assess changing compliance, tax, and legal needs as a result of organizational growth