For over 140 years, UCFS has embraced life and faced challenges that were a reflection of the community we serve. We continue to focus our resources on areas of greatest need; build partnerships when demand is beyond our capacity to fulfill alone and have had a lasting impact on thousands of lives that entrust us to provide quality and compassionate care. UCFS is a nonprofit with the mission to be Eastern CT’s best choice for patient-centered health care. Joining UCFS means you will be part of the premier community-based organization with dedicated to providing health and human services to individuals and families. You will be part of a group of dedicated professionals committed to improving the health and well-being of the community.
UCFS offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) plan with an employer contribution, and company-paid life and disability insurance. We also offer generous paid time off, flexible schedules, National Health Services Corp. Loan Repayment, Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program and competitive salaries.
UCFS is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
UCFS is currently seeking a Practice Manager to collaborate with the Nurse Manager in order to proactively manage access to quality patient-centered pediatric, adult and women’s health care services (hereafter referred to as Primary Care) and behavioral health services at the Norwich Health Center and Jewett City Health Center locations through the use of care teams. As the Cost Center Manager for the Norwich Primary Care services and the Jewett City Site, the ideal candidate is comfortable being responsible for departmental budgets, and ensuring that UCFS meets or exceeds fiscal expectations; as well as Initiating and maintaining provider scheduling templates that meet or exceed productivity expectations.
- Assures patient’s access to care by maximizing provider schedules, consistent with standards of care, patient centered medical home principles and productivity expectations. Develops and maintains centralized, accurate primary care scheduling for physicians, nurse practitioners, BHS clinicians, students, residents and their support staff that meets patient care needs; Confirms coverage arrangements for planned provider absences.
- Responsible to develop department budgets and monitor fiscal performance, productivity expectations, capacity and access to care; Implements and monitors systems that proactively address revenues and expenses to meet or exceed fiscal goals; Approves all expenses.
- Provides exceptional customer service through telephone and face-to-face communications that assures access to care and efficient and effective patient scheduling. Collaborates with the Director of Outpatient Support Services to ensure that the administrative support team (i.e. intake, customer service representatives, call center and medical records) are trained and equipped with the clinical knowledge they need to provide support.
- Develop and administer policies and procedures for Primary Care consistent with evidence-based standards of care, NCQA Patient Centered Medical Home, CMS Meaningful Use and HRSA Health Care Plan goals; Collect and report data as requested on systems, management and quality of care.
- Oversees vaccine management program, equipment management program proactively assigns staff to conduct quality control functions and monitors adherence to quality standards.
- Provides leadership to implement new models of care, services and grant funded programs in primary care;
- Conducts hiring, orientation, training, coaching/counseling, discipline, performance management and appraisal, time and labor approval and tracking, and related routine personnel operations; actively solicits and incorporates input from Nurse Manager and providers into staff evaluations.
- Represents departments/cost centers in UCFS meetings, committees and initiatives to foster growth and improvement of services. Administers new grant programs as assigned.
- Provide direct client services consistent with scope of practice in situations where coverage is needed; assist provider with physical exams and other clinical needs; complete required screenings and laboratory testing; administer treatments, immunizations and medications; Assist patients with self-management of chronic illness; assist parents with parenting skills; assist with prescription needs/refills and prior authorizations.
- Coverage for Nurse Manager absences.