Reporting to the NA President, the VP of Quality & Customer Experience oversees the quality, service, and compliance functions in support of the Commercial, IPO (International Procurement Office), and Retail Business Units.
- Provide leadership, management and direction to the management team of the Customer Technical Support (CTS), Inspection, Field Services, Console Tech Support, Training, Compliance, and Quality Engineering (QE)
- Closely integrate CTS, Field Service and Quality activities and communications.
- Interface with manufacturing, engineering department, and product management department on escalated issues that cannot be resolved at the QE level.
- Promote strategies that lead to issue prevention rather than problem correction.
- Ensure integrity in CPSC compliance process at all times --- to make 100% certain Johnson North America does the legally and ethically correct things at all times.
- Presentations to major new customer prospects and represent the quality and service functions to important strategic customers
- Lead conversations with escalated major customers to ensure the customer feels heard and solutions are found quickly
- Work to continuously reduce cost of warranty
- Work to achieve Johnson key performance indices in all areas
- Participate as a member of the HQ Service Committee Meeting
- Ensure frequent communication with outside sales representatives, field service technicians, and dealers
- Prepare GAP (global approval process) requests for funding reworks and other major initiatives.
- Periodically audit the NPD (New Product Development) process to assure quality criteria and regulatory compliance are achieved on new products.
- Review and monitor OLS’s with QE team on a weekly basis to assure prompt and complete closure using the 8D process.
- Attend global quality meetings and BOD (board of directors) meetings to promote a planning and prevention culture.
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating and controlling.
Marginal Job Functions:
- Other projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferably an engineering discipline)
- MBA or MSE or Law Degree preferred
- 10+ Years manufacturing of electromechanical products either in engineering, customer service, or quality.
- Experience with or exposure to Lean Six Sigma, 8D, 5 Why’s, and other best quality practices and tools.
- Prior quality executive leadership experience in an enterprise level company ($500M+) or a tier 1 supplier.
- Prior experience working with regulatory agencies on compliance.
- Implementation or maintaining an ISO system.
- Strong expertise in continuous improvement, AQL (acceptable quality limit), lean manufacturing principles
- Working with overseas manufacturing is a plus
- Proven track record in building organizations and achieving key performance indices
- Willing and able to travel to Asia 4 to 6 times per year, domestically as needed throughout the year
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong sense of initiative and a sense of urgency, demonstrated by accomplishing tasks; improving current work processes; and assisting others when necessary
- Unwavering attention to detail and commitment to world-class quality
- Ability to embrace deadlines
- Able to project a positive and professional demeanor to all internal and external contacts
We offer an excellent compensation package and team-oriented work environment with growth opportunities.
Some of our outstanding benefits include:
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off benefits
- Free access to our state-of-the-art onsite workout facility
- Product discounts
- Wellness programs