Equal Employment Opportunity
CORPORATE VALUES & MISSION
“Provide superior service and high-quality advice and show utmost respect to everyone we meet.”
As a Commercial Lender, you will develop and manage commercial loan accounts that meet established lending requirements and provide maximum profitability to the Bank at minimum risk.
REPORTS TO: VP Commercial Lending Team Lead and SVP Chief Lending Officer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Monitor assigned loan portfolio by maintaining accurate loan grades and risk assessments. Portfolio to consist of 75-150 accounts totaling $30-35,000,000.00.
• Make sales calls and develop new business by contacting prospects and existing clients.
• Interview loan applicants. Collect and analyze financial and related data to determine general creditworthiness of the borrower and merits of the specific loan request to evaluate for the purpose of making commercial loans and/or continuation/renewal of existing loans.
• Prepare and/or present loan presentations for committee review and approval authority
• Be active in community affairs to increase bank’s visibility and to enhance new business opportunities.
• Additional responsibilities as assigned.
• Be familiar with and comply with the provisions of the Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act as they relate to the functions of this position. Complete all required reports related to those acts and reports any observed violations or potential violations of those acts to a supervisor or other appropriate bank officer.
• Be familiar with and comply with all federal and state banking regulations as applicable.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
• Must be able to lift 25lbs
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Confidentiality - Keeps sensitive business, client, and personnel matters private
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data accurately; able to read and interpret written information.
Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; makes self- available to staff; develops their skills and encourages growth; solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); fosters quality focus in others; improves processes, products and services.
Analytical – Synthesizes complex and diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others. Has a thorough understanding of underwriting, coverages and rating procedures
Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
Ethics – Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Diversity – Promotes a harassment-free environment.
Motivation – Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals. Is a self-starter.
Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity – Meets productivity standards; completes work in a timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures.
Adaptability – Adapts to changes in work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Flexibility – able to provide flexibility and adapt to changing schedules.
Dependability – Follows instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Initiative – Undertakes self-development activities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION
• Lending and/or Credit experience required
• Three (3) to Five (5) years of progressively more responsible job-related experience to become familiar with all lending functions and regulatory requirements.
• Bachelor's Degree in business-related major
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.