Are you are looking for a new opportunity to use your strong communication and critical thinking skills to drive projects forward? Delta Dental of Iowa is seeking a Senior Technical Business Analyst to plan, design, develop, and test efficient business systems/projects in support of core organizational functions and business processes. This includes project management disciplines as well as requirements gathering, analysis, and quality assurance. You will serve multiple roles: drive and document business requirement discussions for use by IT system personnel or other project participants; provide project leadership of company’s strategic and tactical initiatives; assist with oversight of efficient business processes and any tooling that can be leveraged; and support the business and technical teams with system and data analytical toolsets. Must be experienced in project management/requirements gathering, eager to learn, and self-motivated.
Delta Dental of Iowa provides dental and vision insurance to more than 1 million Iowans. As a not-for-profit insurance company, our mission is to improve the health and smiles of the people we serve. We give back to Iowa communities by supporting and funding health and wellness initiatives that make a measurable difference in the overall health of underserved Iowans. Come see why we are passionate about "Bringing Smiles" to our customers. Our team enjoys competitive pay and benefits, an awesome "One Team" approach, and a company culture that fosters "Exceptional Quality Service" and "Leadership at All Levels." Love where you work!
Essential Functions and Principal Accountabilities:
- Meet with stakeholders, business/system owners and end users to define business requirements backed by strategic, financial and operational goals.
- Manage and track the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle; enforce and redefine as necessary.
- Gather, compile and document user requirements.
- Collaborate in the planning, design, deployment, and testing of new or enhanced software applications.
- Create detailed test plans for new development and maintain regression testing suites for existing functionality.
- Serve as a liaison between systems development and business users to ensure technical compatibility and satisfaction of major application systems.
- Using a best practice project management approach, direct and manage multiple projects from initial planning through project completion.
- Effectively communicate with project sponsors and stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle.
- Plan, schedule and track project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Create process models, specifications and diagrams and look for opportunities to improve and/or drive down operational cost via leveraging technology solutions.
- Provide on-call support when necessary to support business objectives.
- Support production related activities and functions using critical thinking, data analytics, and mid-to-advanced level SQL queries.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, management, information systems, or related field or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of proven experience in project management and requirements gathering.
- 2+ years of experience in an agile development environment.
- Experience creating, maintaining, and executing test plans, scenarios, and cases.
- Mid-to-advanced level SQL knowledge and abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve business objectives of multiple complex projects through critical thinking and asking probing questions.
- Proven understanding of technical and system environments. Experience in developing requirements and overseeing technology projects.
- Comprehensive knowledge of various project management, requirement analysis, and process improvement methodologies.
- Proven skills in building relationships and influencing people across organizational and functional lines. Shown accountability for project delivery.
- Self-motivated to thrive and perform in a multi-project, forward looking working environment.
Delta Dental of Iowa is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons without unlawful regard of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, individuals with disabilities, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
EEOC Poster Supplement