The Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Archdiocese of St. Louis (SVDP), is a grassroots, volunteer-based, direct-aid organization that brings together men and women to grow in their spirituality through service for others. We have been serving the Greater St. Louis area since 1845. We are part of a national organization and linked by the common mission of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul.
The Archdiocesan Council is composed of 140+ parish-based volunteer groups called Conferences. The Main Council operation serves as a resource and support system for these Conferences.
The Receptionist/Office Coordinator provides excellent customer service while performing the receptionist and front office administrative duties. Provides administrative support to the SVDP Leadership Team and Conference Support programs to ensure the success of SVDP’s mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides coverage for front desk during office hours (i.e., answer phones and directs callers, meet and greet visitors)
- Provides administrative support/duties to Leadership Team members
- Creates and modifies documents using MS Office software programs
- Photocopying, faxing, sorting/distributing incoming mail, mailings, shredding and filing
- Maintains office supply inventories and orders supplies
- Meeting organizer (prints handouts, arranges catering, etc.)
- Maintains Council Office calendar/room usage
- Oversees monthly conference program mailings
- Assists with the running of special events, including registration, catering and onsite support
- Performs data entry, including updating membership directory
- Schedules priest for weekly Mass
- Maintains and performs housekeeping of common area space (vacuum, trash, dusting, etc.)
Organization Mission and Policies:
- Supports and demonstrates excellent customer assistance by following the SVDP’s Customer Service Motto to “Serve our Valuable Customers with Distinction and Purpose” which defines “our valuable customers” as both internal and external; i.e. co-workers, donators, vendors, organizational contacts and thrift store consumers.