Title: Special Events and Volunteer Associate
Supervisor: Director of Advancement
The Special Events/Volunteer Associate is a fundraising position that is responsible for managing and executing key events, activities, and campaigns for IWA. The Associate builds strong relationships with parents, Alumnae, volunteers, students and friends, securing their input and support for the Academy to increase their engagement and to advance the mission of the school. This position is an integral part of the fundraising team and works collaboratively with the Director of Advancement, President of the Academy, and faculty/staff to secure and manage event and volunteer participation.
Hours: 40 hours per week with occasional evening and weekend work as needed.
Mission and Values
- Models the mission, values and spirituality of the Academy and the Sisters of the Incarnate Word and Blessed Sacrament
- Serves as a positive representative of IWA within the broader community
- Participates fully in the life and activities of the IWA community
- Serves all IWA families with compassion and respect
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Event Planning, Management and Execution of Special Events
- Directs and oversees planning, timeline development, management, and recruitment of volunteers needed for all the events, activities and campaigns.
- Delivers hands-on coordination of day, evening and/or weekend events, ensuring achievement of event objectives, site selection and other logistical needs.
- Develops systems to support efficient business processes for event coordination.
- Collaborates with external vendors to successfully achieve event objectives.
- Develops methods for increasing volunteer participation in IWA activities.
- Collaborates with the Director of Advancement, Finance Director and Administration on the development and implementation of the Raffle including but not limited to the logistics, communication, budget administration and the training and supervision of student committee and volunteers for this campaign.
- Collaborates with the Marketing and Communications staff to maintain direct communication with parents through print publications, e-newsletters and web pages.
- Coordinates and schedules raffle sales with local churches.
- Acts as the Academy’s liaison and partner with the Mothers’ Club, to see that they remain a strong and effective organization.
- Assists with training of Mothers’ Club Officers and Chairs, when necessary.
- Identifies and cultivates relationships with parents to volunteer in gala and other fundraising and engagement efforts.
- Supports volunteers in the Mothers’ Club to staff IWA events and to monitor supplies and event/activity set ups.
- Oversees the organization, implementation and evaluation of the Spirit Shop.
- Monitors Mothers’ Club expenses against the approved budget.
- Create a platform for engaging the IWA parent community.
- Develops and implements an effective plan for the annual gala to meet the financial goal. It includes recruiting chairs and committee members to plan and grow the event as well as the live auction while staying within budget.
- Works with the Director of Advancement, the school President and the Marketing and Communications Director to select annual theme and marketing strategies.
- A 4-year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth training program directly related to fund-raising, volunteer management, and event planning.
- At least 2 to 4 years of related job experience, including special events.
- History of soliciting and acquiring gifts for special events, preferably in an academic setting.
- Demonstrated ability to manage volunteers.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- A capacity to oversee multiple projects concurrently.
- History of turning constructive feedback into best practices for future use.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by individuals in this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, or qualifications required of individuals in this job classification. All job classifications may have other duties assigned on an as-needed basis. Management, at the appropriate level, retains the right to assign and change the duties of any position at any time.