Sigvaris is currently looking for a Sewing Operator to join our team. As a leading medical compression solution provider, we are not just a company that manufactures products. We are a global team on a mission to help people feel their best.
The Sewing Operator is responsible for sewing products on an industrial sewing machine utilizing proper sewing techniques and within established quality standards.
What You'll Do:
1. Accurately demonstrates basic sewing skills on industrial sewing machine or automatic toe closing machine.
2. Inspects products in work area before and after sewing to determine acceptable quality.
3. Codes and designates all scrap issues.
4. Ensures assigned sewing machine is functioning properly before and after sewing any products.
5. Changes needles and threads machine to ensure proper stitch for each product.
6. Stocks raw materials back into designates areas at the end of break/lunch/shift.
7. Fosters positive morale among staff, by promotion of open communication with all departments, to help create and maintain an innovative and cooperative staff relationship and environment;
8. Demonstrates effective communication methods.
9. Follows established company policies and procedures to ensure compliance with SIGVARIS policies, industry standards, ISO 13485 standards, 6S and Lean Manufacturing, and Federal, State and local laws.
10. Assists with the implementation of Lean/Kaizen initiatives or events in the department.
11. Follows all work instructions, creates and maintains accurate records to meet all internal and external requirements to support the SIGVARIS Quality System and Quality Policy.
12. Accurately performs any other duties as assigned to ensure an efficient workflow.
What We Offer You: