Sigvaris is currently looking for a Dryer Operator to join our team. As a leading medical compression solution provider, we are not just a company that manufactures products. We are a global team on a mission to help people feel their best. The Dryer Operator is responsible for operating tumble dry and dyeing machines in order to process work for the Finishing and Boarding Departments.
What You'll Do:
1. Effectively and efficiently operate tumble dryers.
• All dyed products must be loaded and removed from the tumble dry machines and checked to ensure products are dry.
• All products must be verified during the unloading process by checking the fabric labels and separating each bag by matching products to corresponding ticket.
• Products must be staged in designated areas for the next production process which may include laying products out flat to ensure they do not wrinkle, as well as a quality inspection.
2. Effectively and efficiently operate dyeing machines.
• All products are loaded and unloaded in the dye machines.
• Accurately complete all paperwork and ISO work instructions for each “dye lot.”
• Measure chemicals and dyes according to ISO dye formula sheets
• Verify and maintain color tolerances using Color Spectrometer.
• Maintain uptime of machinery while adhering to our quality and safety policies.
• Maintain chemical inventory levels needed in dye room.
3. Keep area clean as it pertains to 6S company and departmental goals.
4. Relocate products from the finishing Department to Raw Materials warehouse.
5. Actively participate in daily Raw Materials cycle counts.
6. Ensure that all things are in their proper place and that all 6S labels are visible and not worn.
7. Fosters positive morale among staff, by promotion of open communication with all departments, to help create and maintain an innovative and cooperative staff relationship and environment;
• Interacts with external and internal customers in a manner conducive to continued positive relationships
• Displays patience, courtesy and tact; demonstrates flexibility, enthusiasm and willingness to cooperate while working with others or in place of others as necessary.
8. Demonstrates effective communication methods.
• Supervisor and/or appropriate management staff are kept informed of developments affecting their functions;
9. Follows established company policies and procedures to ensure compliance with SIGVARIS policies, industry standards, ISO 13485 standards, 6S and Lean Manufacturing, and Federal, State and local laws.
10. Assists with the implementation of Lean/Kaizen initiatives or events in the department.
11. Follows all work instructions, creates and maintains accurate records to meet all internal and external requirements to support the SIGVARIS Quality System and Quality Policy.
12. Accurately performs any other duties as assigned to ensure an efficient workflow.
What We Offer You:
High School Diploma or equivalent.