Contessa offers a unique opportunity for individuals interested in being part of an organization that is leading the country in redefining the way care is provided to patients. Contessa’s Home Recovery Care model brings all the essential elements of inpatient care to the comfort and convenience of a patient’s home. The model enables provider organizations and health plans to deliver high-quality, safe and affordable care to patients with non-life-threatening conditions. At Contessa, you will have the opportunity to make a direct impact on the lives of patients and be at the forefront of shaping a pioneering space in the health care industry.
As a Recovery Care Coordinator (RCC) in Contessa’s Virtual Care Unit (VCU) you will be at the forefront of Contessa’s new and highly innovative care model that allows patients who are clinically eligible the option to receive acute level care in the comfort of their own home in lieu of an inpatient setting. As a Recovery Care Coordinator, you will leverage Contessa’s proprietary workflow platform, advanced telehealth technology, and our interdisciplinary network of doctors, nurses, social workers, and ancillary providers to improve the health and well-being of our patients during what is often one of the most challenging times in the lives of our patients and their families.
The Recovery Care Coordinator Nurse is the patient’s advocate and works directly with patients across our markets in multiple states throughout the care model. You will work directly with the patient’s providers in the development of the patient’s personalized care plan and be the primary point of contact regarding the patient’s experience of receiving coordinated care in the home. The RCC will leverage Case Management skills to transition the patient thru care continuum, interfacing with and facilitating patient needs and resources to improve patient outcomes.
Contessa offers a unique opportunity for individuals interested in being part of a fast-paced start-up culture at an organization leading the country in redefining the way we care for patients that typically would be treated in the hospital setting. In order to best advocate for the patient, you must exhibit boundless empathy, unwavering integrity, and a willingness to go above and beyond to do what is best for our patients, their families, and our physician partners are quintessential attributes of successful members of our team. At Contessa, you will have the opportunity to make a direct impact on the lives of our patients and be a part of shaping a new, innovative space in the health care industry. Contessa is a high-growth start-up and as such we look for individuals excited about the opportunity for rapid career development as they help shape and execute our new and highly innovative care models.
• Facilitates communication and coordination between all members of the care team.
• Assists all patients throughout the care model by acting as a patient advocate and navigator
• Connect with providers and patients regularly via a telehealth platform and receive regular updates on patient activity that include vital signs and assessments.
• Coordinate referrals and appropriate resources to assist patient and/or caregiver in continuation of care in the outpatient setting.
• Assists in the tracking and prioritization of high-risk patients and ensures patients have access to services appropriate to meet their needs.
• Maintains all required documentation on provider and patient interactions including visits, intake, interventions, patient issues, and any other elements of the patient’s individual plan of care.
• Generates operational, clinical, and quality reports and presents market updates on a regular basis.
• Manages clinical and operational workflows in one or multiple markets
• Provides prompt, courteous, excellent service to internal and external customers at all times.
• Interacts with the patient and the multidisciplinary team to evaluate and document measurable health care goals. Communicates to the appropriate providers any patient environmental barriers to the adherence of the Care Plan.
• Communicates discharge information to other clinical departments or members of the Care Team.
• Watches for trends and hurdles involved in health care system and incorporates solutions for system challenges, including patient, family and physician responses into an evolving process and model that increases quality and satisfaction with the care experience – patient or physician.
• Builds and maintains collaborative professional working relationships with physicians, Medical Directors, clinicians, and community at large to develop and implement a successful cross-continuum care management.
• Monitors the care that the patient receives and brings it to the attention of a provider
• Assists as needed in recruiting, client and community outreach and critical incident/incident/complaint management.
• Education: ASN – Associate of Science in Nursing
• Licensure: Current, active RN licensure in good standing and willing to be licensed in multiple states at Contessa’s expense
• Experience: 3-5 years of acute nursing experience. Possess a general knowledge of clinical standards and outcome measurement
• Transportation: Must have reliable transportation and proof of liability insurance
• Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 9am - 1pm CST
• Travel to markets (outside of Nashville) for back-up may be required
• Health: Able to pass required drug screen and communicable disease screenings
• Background: Able to pass detailed criminal background check according to company policy
Qualifications (Desired but not required)
• Education: BSN preferred
• Certification: Care Coordination and Transition Management (C.C.C.T.M)
• Nursing Case Management experience
Skills & Abilities
• Ability to provide superior customer service; every decision needs to be made with the patient in mind. Patient safety is our number one priority.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain written records and reports. Excellent verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized, and demonstrates an understanding of audience needs.
• Exhibits exceptional interpersonal skills and proper judgment when dealing with provider partners, staff and patients.
• Ability to predict needs as best as possible and stay one step ahead of the patient’s care.
• Pursues activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals. A positive outlook and a can-do attitude is a must.
• Enjoys working within teams; dependable in both productivity and attendance. Flexible and willing to share on-call after hours with other Recovery Care Coordinators is required.
• Ability to consistently communicate with teammates; open to opinions and feedback from team members and follows through on all commitments.
• Ability to work in a varied and fluid environment; adapts to change
Our team members are our greatest asset. That’s why you’ll find that Contessa has built a culture around trust, open communication, and a unified desire to change the way healthcare is being delivered. It’s important to us that you like your job, are motivated by the work you do every day and feel supported by leadership. Contessa offers a generous compensation and benefits package, a strong belief in a healthy work-life balance and great opportunities for career growth.