Do you want to make a difference during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Please note: This is a temporary hourly position that will last for an estimated three months to a year, depending on sample volumes.
The Molecular Technologist position will be working in TGen's CLIA (BSL-2) lab located in Flagstaff, Arizona.
Under the supervision of the Laboratory Supervisor, the Molecular Technologist is responsible for specimen processing, test and control performance, and for viewing test results. Each individual performs only those non-waived tests that are authorized by the laboratory director (or designee) and require a degree of skill commensurate with the individual’s education, training or experience, and technical abilities.
- Competently carry out all laboratory procedures for specimen handling and processing according to standard operating procedures
- Perform routine tests for use in the treatment and diagnosis of disease using standard techniques and equipment
- Maintain detailed records of tests performed and report laboratory test results to appropriate personnel
- Calibrate and perform routine maintenance on equipment to ensure proper functioning according to standard operating procedures.
- Perform quality control procedures; review and report resulting data and maintain result records according to standard operating procedures
- Assists in daily functioning responsibilities and performance of general laboratory duties expected of maintaining a CLIA certified laboratory
- Participate in lab meetings and generate ideas for improving efficiency and productivity in the lab’s operations
In order to be successful in this environment, you must be able to commit to:
Working up to eight hours per day on a fixed shift, continuously performing repetitive tasks, good pipetting skills
Adhering without deviation to standard operating procedures
Providing absolutely respect of the clock to keep production moving
Having a willingness to work with samples containing the virus that causes COVID-19 (with appropriate personal protective equipment and adherence to standard biosafety procedures.)
Bachelor’s Degree in a laboratory science or medical laboratory technology from an accredited institution OR a Bachelor’s Degree in biological, chemical, or physical science and equivalent laboratory training. Good human relations, communication and organizational skills required