As a Community Health Center, we provide care to everyone, regardless of their ability to pay. Our Mission is to respond to the healthcare needs of our communities with an integrated array of quality services and actively remove barriers to care. We take pride in our team of passionate professionals who work to make a difference in the lives of all people. Our Vision is Healthy, prosperous, engaged communities where everyone thrives. We work towards our vision by providing comprehensive, integrated, whole-person care, including medical, dental, behavioral health, and prescription services.
NorthLakes Community Clinic takes the safety of our patients and employees very seriously. We follow CDC guidelines and require all employees to wear a mask when on-site at all of our NorthLakes Clinic locations.
We are looking for a full-time (.95 FTE), School-Based Behavioral Health Therapist to join our team! This position is based out of our Turtle Lake Clinic location, working mostly in area schools. The schedule for this position is Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM during the school year and Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 8:00 AM-4:30 PM for an 8 week period over the summer.
Good mental health is critical to children’s success in school and life. Research demonstrates that students who receive social-emotional and mental health support achieve better academically. School climate, classroom behavior, on-task learning, and students’ sense of connectedness and well-being all improve as well. Mental health is not simply the absence of mental illness but also encompasses social, emotional, and behavioral health and the ability to cope with life’s challenges. The purpose of a School-Based Behavioral Health Therapist is to work with students, where they are, in achieving mutually agreed upon goals.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Interviews clients to obtain information concerning medical history or other pertinent information.
- Observes client to detect indications of abnormal physical or mental behavior.
- IF employee is trained and certified, selects and administers various tests such as psychological tests, personality inventories, and intelligence quotient tests, to identify behavioral or personality traits and intelligence levels, and records results.
- IF employee is trained and certified, reviews results of tests to evaluate client needs.
- Plans and administers therapeutic treatment such as behavior modification and stress management therapy to assist patient in controlling disorders and other problems.
- Changes method and degree of therapy when indicated by client reactions.
- Discusses progress toward therapeutic goals with client.
- Consults with medical doctor or other specialists concerning treatment plan and amends plan as directed.
- Conducts therapy sessions.
- Refers client to additional services to supplement treatment and counseling.
- Documents the visit in the EMR in an accurate and timely manner.
- Participates in behavioral health quality improvement programs.
- Bachelor's degree, plus a Master's degree in counseling;
- Ph.D. or PsyD and/or LPC, LCSW, LMFT;
- Current and unrestricted Wisconsin License.
- Ability to pass a Wisconsin Healthcare background check.
- CPR certification within 6 months of hire.
- Wearing a mask is a requirement of all of our positions.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Electronic Health Record Systems Database software and Word Processing software.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Health Insurance and Dental Insurance
- Retirement Options - up to 4% employer match
- 6 weeks annual paid time off (PTO) prorated to 0.95 FTE
- Generous holiday pay
- $3,000 annual continuing education benefit
- Employer-paid life insurance benefit
- Employer-paid short & long-term disability insurance
- License reimbursement
- Up to $50,000 student loan repayment in two years, if you qualify
Email Tracy Elkins, Recruitment Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
NorthLakes Community Clinic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.