How You Will Be Successful:
You take a project from start to finish; from concept to completion. With an attention to detail like no other, you coordinate all the moving parts of the construction project and pride yourself on a quality finish.
- Direct projects for assigned properties completing on time, within budget and meeting quality expectations
- Coordinate projects with property management to include phasing, staging and site logistics
- Establish a complete and detailed project schedule for each project including a thoroughly documented scope of work and budget in accordance with Mills cost accounting system.
- Steer project activities such as design, construction, vendor information, equipment deliveries, etc.
- Maintain ongoing communications with stakeholders regarding project timelines and progress to ensure needs & expectations are consistently exceeded; escalate any issues or concerns as needed
- Review and makes recommendations on planning and design issues
- Generate work orders and maintain records including change order logs to support projected cost of project
- Facilitate approved change orders and assign sub jobs as required
- Establish relationships with contractors and vendors to negotiate best contract pricing
- Inspect and approve all projects at completion ensuring they are compliant with project scope, satisfy contract terms and meet applicable codes and standards
- Coordinate billing to ensure bills are correctly accounted for and sent to the appropriate department or property through the PO process
- Manage damages at any property received from natural disasters (fire, flood, tornado, etc) from occurrence of damage through the insurance claim process
- Assist other project managers as needed
- Contribute to ongoing improvement of internal processes providing best practice recommendations
- Abide by Mills policies and procedures and laws pertaining to Fair Housing, ADA, etc.
- Embrace Mills values and apply to all areas of responsibility