Location: Cut Bank, MT
Schedule: Mondays and Fridays: 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Ideal Option has been working on the front lines of the opioid epidemic since our first clinic opened in 2012. With more than 75 clinics across 10 states, we continuously strive to be the nation’s leading provider of low-barrier evidence-based treatment for opioid use disorder. We are looking for a Medical Assistant to join our growing team and help us in our vision to give back lives, reunite families, and heal communities that are suffering from the devastating effects of substance use disorder.
We value our patients and our employees! We treat our employees like we would want to be treated ourselves: with respect and compassion. Below are some specifics on what Ideal Option offers and the role.
At Ideal Option, we offer our employees a competitive and comprehensive benefits program to recognize how important you are to the company. Current benefits include:
• Medical, vision, and dental
• Short-term and long-term disability options
• A 401K retirement program
• Paid time off and paid holidays
The Medical Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and clinical support to ensure efficient clinic operation. You will support clinic providers and patients through a variety of tasks related to patient care, clinic maintenance, front office responsibilities and maintain communication with other Ideal Option departments. Additional responsibilities include:
• Checks patients in for their appointments
• Confirms and updates patient’s demographics
• Obtains release of medical records from the patient
• Collects co-pays from the patient and makes nightly deposits at the bank
• Obtains vital signs and breathalyzers from the patient
• Collects urine samples and prepares for laboratory testing
• Witnesses patients for observed dosing and observed urine
• Performs skin assessments
• Draws patient blood samples
Our ideal candidate has:
Strong computer skills and the ability to type 50 words per minute. You have the ability to communicate effectively with patients and adapt to individual needs as well as a strong vocabulary, accurate spelling, and use of punctuation. You are non-judgmental, empathetic, hold yourself to highest ethical standards, and have impeccable time management skills.
Minimum Requirements to be considered:
• High School Diploma or GED
• Maintain MA licensing through the state/agency (as applicable per state)
• Maintain BLS/CPR certification
• CMA or National Certification preferred