Interested in working with a dynamic, growing company? Are you organized, enjoy a fast-paced environment and like to work as part of a team? Do you love cheese?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, then read on.
Owned by the Giacomini family Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese Company (PRFC) is known for its award-winning artisan cheese produced right on the farm where the cows are raised. PRFC offers a truly unique work environment -- and one where the employees work hard, have fun and enjoy a lot of very special (and delicious) benefits.
This is a full-time position is based at our Farm in Point Reyes Station.
Will work under supervision and direction of the Lead Cheesemakers to assist in the making of cheese (Original Blue, Toma and Mozzarella). Assists with daily operations and work as a team to comply with our company, state and federal food safety policies and regulations. Team work is a key to meet daily goals and keep the creamery functioning in a clean and orderly manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assisting to make Cheese (Original Blue, Toma and Mozzarella)
• Scooping, shaping, and brining cheese
• Working in the cheese aging rooms
• Turning and caring for cheese
• Cleaning and sanitizing equipment
• Follows all General Manufacturing Practices, Standard Operating Principals, and Safety & Quality Plan
• Fill in where needed to ensure efficient operations
• Assist with basic creamery production and sanitation practices
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Able to keep up with a fast and efficient work pace
• Ability to multi-task
• English and Spanish speaking a plus
• Enjoys working in team environment
• Required to lift up to 50+ lbs.
• Regularly required to stand, bend, reach and move about the facility
• Work performed in a combination of warehouse, packaging and food manufacturing environments
Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Full benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, EAP, FSA, and 401K with company match.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE