Will perform all changeovers in the respective area to ensure they are done correctly and in a timely manner.
• Learn the operator roles and responsibilities and SOPs specific to the assigned area and equipment.
• Complete all required batch records and forms in an accurate and timely manner.
• Perform machine changeover and cleaning as specified by the production schedule in accordance with appropriate SOP`s.
• Operate assigned equipment in a safe, productive and timely manner.
• Weigh, count, document and verify raw materials used in the assigned production area.
• Ensure products in assigned area are produced according to the batch record and specifications.
• Clean assigned equipment and rooms according to SOPs in a timely manner.
• Adhere to company rules and safe work practices within the department.
• Keep work area clean and organized.
• Minimum – High School Diploma
• Preferred – n/a
• Previous experience in a GMP manufacturing environment is desirable but not required.
• Experience in operation, changeover, set up and cleaning of a stick pack machine.
• Communication Skills – Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondance and memos. Must be able to write simple correspondance. Must be able to effectively present information to other employees.
• Mathmatical Skills – Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
• Reasoning Ability – Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Must have the ability to handle problems involving a few variables in standardized situations.
• Physical Demands – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the major accountabilities of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and or move up to 75 pounds unassisted. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to focus depending on the situation.
• Respirator use – Employee must be able to wear a respirator depending on the situation.
• Mechanical aptitude – Employee must be able to learn to operate, maintain and adjust assigned equipment.
• Dependability – Employee must arrive on time for assigned shift. Must have a valid drivers license.
• Forklift Training – Must be able to learn how to operate a forklift safely and efficiently.