We are looking for positive individuals to join our team as Part-Time Juvenile Detention Staff (JDS)!
This is a great part-time role for anyone interested in working with youth, contributing to the community, and gaining valuable experience in law enforcement and criminal justice. Our part-time JDS will work a set schedule of 20-30 hours per week and are essential employees. Part-Time JDS rate of pay begins at $15.75 per hour! Premium pay is also available for holiday and evening shift hours.
WHAT IS A JDS:
Our Juvenile Justice Staff provide direct-care and constant supervision to the residents. As members of our Operations (Security) Department, their primary duty is to assure the safety and security of each juvenile, yet this position is much more dynamic and interactive. The position is rewarding, and greatly contributes to the success of our communities’ youth.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Our ideal candidate is willing to work a flexible schedule of 20-30 hours per week. Various schedules available.
- Our ideal candidate is willing to learn and grow as a professional. All new Part-Time JDS are paid to undergo our thorough 80+ hour training program to empower them for success in this field.
- Our ideal candidate has an interest in Criminal Justice, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Education, etc. Degrees are a plus, but are not required! This is a great opportunity to learn and begin a career in law enforcement, corrections, and public safety.
- Our ideal candidate enjoys working with kids and teens and is community-oriented. They also have a positive and up-beat attitude.
- Our ideal candidate lives in the five parish region we serve.
WHAT WE OFFER OUR STAFF:
- Part-Time JDS rate of pay begins at $15.75 per hour! Premium pay is also available for holiday and evening shift hours.
- FPJDC’s new hires undergo extensive paid training . Our interactive courses include Handle With Care Crisis/Conflict Intervention, Behavioral Health Disorders, Adolescent Development, and CPR/First Aid. Additionally, we train all staff on proper usage of our evidence-based behavior management system.
- Meals and uniforms are provided for each team member.
- Professional experience in an award-winning therapeutic juvenile justice facility/law enforcement.
GENERAL JDS DUTIES:
- JDS accompany the residents as they attend school in a classroom setting and enjoy structured recreational time under the guidance of our Recreation Therapist.
- JDS escort residents to the dining hall for meals, and then dine with the residents.
- JDS implement FPJDC’s therapeutic behavior management program, utilizing basic tenants of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to change criminal thinking. This includes grading behavior, discussing key program tenants, appropriately utilizing our token economy and serving as an unbiased and fair positive adult role-model.
- JDS lead daily interactive therapeutic groups with residents aimed at teaching pro social behaviors and life skills.
- JDS process new residents into the facility ensuring they are properly screened for contraband, receive medical and mental health assessments, and are oriented to the facility.
- JDS are security-minded and maintain a safe and secure atmosphere for all residents and staff.
WHO ARE WE:
The Florida Parishes Juvenile Detention Center provides a safe and restrictive environment for juveniles requiring secure residential detention within the five Florida Parishes. We are a nationally recognized award winning agency and pride ourselves on our service to the community. Our team is growing, and we are looking for great individuals to join our facility as Part-Time Juvenile Detention Specialist/Youth Care Attendant (JDS)
REQUIREMENTS TO QUALIFY FOR POSITION:
Applicants must meet the following requirements in order to be eligible for employment with FPJDC:
--be at least 18 years of age
--have a high school diploma or GED.
Candidates MUST successfully complete all pre-employment requirements, as listed at FPDJC.org*. These include:
--Criminal Background Check
--Drug and Health Screen
Visit http://fpjdc.org/pre-employment-requirements for more information.
*NO PHYSICAL FITNESS IS REQUIRED FOR THIS PART-TIME ROLE.*
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER