Professional Ambulance is the Premier Ambulance Dealer for Horton, AEV and Leader ambulances in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Kansas & Colorado.
The Mobile Technician is responsible for maintenance and repairs to all equipment in the field.
• Work with managers and other mechanics to diagnose and repair the mechanical and electrical components of vehicles.
• Listening to clients to learn more about vehicle history, potential problems, and the services they would like to receive.
• Go to customer locations to perform test drives, inspections, and other diagnostic tests on vehicles to identify where problems exist and determine which parts need to be repaired or replaced.
• Generating timelines and estimates for repairs and discussing options with manager and clients.
• Inspecting internal systems and controls to ensure the vehicle is operating properly and in compliance with state regulations.
• Maintaining accurate records relating to clients, their vehicles, parts, and service history.
• Using equipment as instructed, performing regular maintenance and repairs as needed.
• Engaging in learning opportunities to update job knowledge and technical skills.
• Physical demands may require lifting and/or moving a minimum of 50lbs.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee may frequently be required to: Stand, kneel, bend, squat, push or pull.
• REQUIRED: 5 years’ experience in the mechanic industry.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Additional education, certifications, or experience is generally preferred.
• Proven ability to diagnose and repair vehicles and follow safety instructions and directions.
• Proficiency with hand tools and other equipment.
• Excellent active listening, problem solving, and communication skills.
• Self-motivated, independent, and reliable with a strong work ethic.
• Must have own tools
• Has a strong work ethic; is punctual and self-motivated.
• Has the ability to work alone and in teams.
• Has good oral communication skills.
• Willing to work overtime when requested.
• Has a valid TX Driver License and is comfortable operating full-size vehicles.
• Is capable and efficient in the installation of vehicle equipment and accessories, resulting in high-quality workmanship.
Professional Ambulance offers all regular full-time employees Paid Time Off (Vacation/Sick), Paid Holidays and Medical Benefits (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
Additional Job Information:
• Workday is from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Starting hourly rate range is determined by experience and meeting the requirements listed above.
Professional Ambulance provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender, medical condition or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws in the State of California.