Come Smile with Us!
- Do you have an entrepreneurial mindset?
- Are you looking to participate as a Fellow in the DSM Fellowship Program?
- Would you love the opportunity to work with executive leaders to build business plans, provide detailed analysis, drive innovation and deliver results in revenue diversification efforts?
- Do you have a desire to conduct evaluations of current and future business opportunities including financial projections, market fit, leveraging assets and strategic alignment?
If this describes you or someone you know, then let’s talk! Call 515-261-5606 to discuss this exciting opportunity.
Delta Dental of Iowa has a Business Management Analyst opportunity available.
Essential Functions and Principal Accountabilities:
- Conduct thorough evaluations of current and future business opportunities, including:
- Financial projections
- Likelihood of success/market fit
- Proper leveraging of existing assets
- Alignment with strategic goals
- Produce analyses and recommendations for executive leadership to drive innovation and increase revenue diversification results.
- Construct analyses to evaluate potential strategic alliances and build business plans
- Collect and analyze data from both internal and external sources to evaluate profitability
- Conduct independent research into new business opportunities
- Interpret internal and external data with the intention of discerning opportunities for new business development
- Work respectfully and proactively with potential investees, co-investors and partners to collect, organize, analyze and refine company data and to present the information needed to build consensus for business development decisions to pursue or not pursue deals
- Gather and analyze data to evaluate potential investees and partners and conduct risk analysis and model sales prospects
- Coordinate financial analysis projects and work with the team to design deal structures that will produce strong financial returns
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to pursue pre-closing due diligence as necessary to support investment decision and ensure adequate rights, preferences and protections
- Coordinate with leadership and legal counsel in drafting and negotiating the definitive agreements as needed. Secure definitive agreement approval from appropriate parties, manage signature process and organize resulting documents
- Organize information files on portfolio companies and direct the collection, review and analysis of financial data in assessing portfolio company health and warrant vesting and exercise metrics.
- Prepare periodic reporting to leadership.
- Collect and analyze performance data as needed to prepare for meetings and work with internal teams to address upside opportunities, challenges and concerns
- Complete ad hoc projects as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree in related field
- Entrepreneurial mindset – ability to pivot and deliver results in complex situations
- Strong strategic thinking and an ability to solve problems creatively
- Strong analytical skills, follow-through, attention to detail and an ability to multi-task to bring multiple simultaneous complex projects to completion, timely, while working with uncertainty
- Excellent communication skills with a demonstrable history of working collaboratively and building relationships with all levels of leadership
- Ability to review, interpret, understand and analyze company financial statements and capitalization tables
- Understanding of financial and accounting practices and terminology, as well as the basics of the capital markets
- Ability to build, maintain and review complex financial projection and cap table models and run scenario and ROI analyses
- Ability to develop and deliver executive level proposals, presentations and summaries
- Strong skills using Microsoft Excel (including pivot tables), Word and PowerPoint and ability to quickly learn other applications and data mining tools
- The ability to deliver high quality results under tight deadlines
- Willing to serve as a Fellow in the DSM Fellowship Program.
DSM Fellowship Program
The DSM Fellowship Program is a preeminent professional development initiative that attracts, develops and retains a diverse community of top-tier recent graduates with Bachelors and Master's degrees. Companies enhance their workforce diversity and Fellows grow their life and career in Greater Des Moines (DSM). Fellows have access to opportunities that accelerate their professional experiences and gain lasting connections.
- Complete a customized advanced professional development curriculum.
- Receive mentoring from executives in their company and across the region.
- Have access to community engagement opportunities.
- Work on capstone projects.
- Participate in The Greater DSM Partnership's annual D.C. Lobby trip.
- Form lasting bonds with Fellows in other companies.
Delta Dental of Iowa is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons without unlawful regard of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, individuals with disabilities, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
EEOC Poster Supplement